2. The Aftermath

Tw: Swearing

~
~🌒🌑🌘~

~🌖🌕🌔~~

~🌖🌕🌔~
~

Luna's body ached even in her dreams. Sure it was only at her stomach but it ached regardless. But besides the pain, her body was numb and weightless. Peaceful she might even say.

But at last, peace never last.

"...Where did you say you found her?"

"In the burnt ruins of a village, sir." The voices were unfamiliar. One old while the other sounded young. Just very monotone.

"And which village was it?"

"We don't know, sir. It wasn't on any maps..."

The voices' conversation became muffled once again before a creak halted it. A new voice joined the conversation.

"Is this her?" Luna was slightly stunned, her father flashing through her mind before she stomped that thought. There's no way of bringing the dead back. (Which was incorrect but was her coping mechanism)

"Yes but we must not jump to assumptions..."

The conversation became muffled again as a sharp pain came from Luna's side. A groan escaped from the Brisa as she winced. Slowly but surely she was regaining feeling in her body. Which sadly meant the ache would rise to its full potential soon. Luna cursed herself for having bad pain tolerance.

The people in the room became quiet and Luna could only assume all eyes were on her as she slowly began to wake up. Her gray eyes fluttered open only to flinch away from the bright light, resulting in her tilting her head away. She could almost roll her eyes. Of course she can't have a pretty wake up scene like in anime. Her eyes were still drowsy as she gazed around the mostly white room.

A man, Hiruzen Sarutobi, stepped forward. He smiled softly, eyes scanning her carefully before he spoke.

"Hello, little one. I am Hiruzen Sarutobi, the Third Hokage." He paused, eyes gauging her expression which remained blank. "Can you please tell me your name?"

"Luna." The girl answered without hesitation. The adults in the room shared a look but Luna couldn't bring herself to care. Some would call it foolish, showing her trust so easily, but she was in pain and really needed to sit up before her neck got a cramp in it from trying to lay down and look up at everyone.

With that said, Luna sat up using her arms as support. The men in the room tensed, either worried she was gonna hurt herself or worried about her blowing up the whole hospital room. With her back now comfortable against the hospital pillows, Luna took the opportunity to notice the two Uchihas in the room with her.