33. The Aftermath

Tw: Cursing, Grief, Mentions of Death

~
~🌒🌑🌘~

~🌖🌕🌔~~

~🌖🌕🌔~
~

            Chakra is in everything. The trees, the sky, even the earth you walk on. It changes and transfers from person to person, object to object, tree to tree. It simmers inside, traveling the chakra pathway system without a hitch, beckoning to the body's wishes. But even then, too much chakra, no matter how balancing it was, could kill while too little could also end in death. And that's why balance was needed.

Luna was taught this from a young age. It was hammered into her from the moment she could stand on her two feet.  The Brisa clan surrounded their entire lives around chakra and its studies. They knew its origin like the back of their hand and eventually, it became their specialty. Their eyes evolved, allowing them to see the chakra system without the need for their kekkei genkai. To feel the smallest spike from feet away without needing to even try. But in others, their kekkei genkai evolved even further, allowing them to give chakra to their allies and even help cure chakra-related illnesses. The Elders frowned on it, claiming that the ability created an imbalance in their world, and within months, tension grew within the clan. Luna never found out what happened to the Okurimono users. The ability was only discovered the same year she was born and at the time, she was far too young to understand what was happening around her. Even being reborn, she doubted she would have understood so easily anyway. It didn't matter though, they were gone now, leaving Luna in the dark about her heritage.

At least, until Ezra showed herself.

The woman had came in and changed her entire world. Her entire understanding of what she once thought she knew, was gone. Luna had never felt so left in the dark in her life. Her curse pulsed under the white blindfold over her eyes as a reminder of the damage. She gritted her teeth as her fist clenched at the white sheet under her.

'What the hell did she do to me?'

The beeping of the hospital machine became a background noise as a shiver of pain traveled down her spine. Unlike before, the chakra in her veins had almost felt like she'd been drained. Even some of her own chakra was gone as she sat dealing with the aftereffects. The hospital bed she had woken up in creaked under her weight and she couldn't stop the scowl that deepened on her lips. Damn did she hate hospitals.

Before she could drown herself in thought any further, the door of her hospital room creaked open, a head of silver poking in. Luna perked up, sensing the chakra as her head darted to the door.

"Kakashi-Sensei?" She called out and her Sensei hummed, alerting her even if he knew she had already sensed him.

"Hey, Luna." He greeted. His laid-back tone caught her off guard, expecting it to be a bit more grim.

"I didn't know you were awake." He said and Luna could feel him sit on the end of the bed. "I guess the nurses are panicking for nothing."

"Panicking?" Luna asked. "Why would they be panicking?"