30. Clones, Clones, & Clones

TW: Cursing, Pain, Fighting, Kabuto

~
~🌒🌑🌘~

~🌖🌕🌔~~

~🌖🌕🌔~
~

Okurimono...

Sasuke has only heard Luna mention it once in their friendship of six years. He could still remember how unsure she was as she talked about it, her eyes darting to her hand as if her ability would come to life just at the mention of it. But here she was now, her Okurimono glowing proudly and pride glowing in her smirk even though she was exhausted. The blonde clones around her grinned, a lot more energized thanks to the technique from the Okurimono that Luna forbade herself from using years ago. And while her resolve hadn't crumbled over the years, something must have snapped to finally convince her to use her Kekkei Genkai with no restraints.

But it looked... wrong. Felt wrong. His sharingan could see the change and that worried him more than anything.

He watched as the glow in Luna's eye dimmed before she shut it, a shaky breath leaving her lips and he was surprised that she didn't pass out right then and there. Naruto collapsed on one knee beside her, her abilities on him wearing off and leaving him with what remained of his own chakra. His heavy panting forced Sasuke's gaze away from the snow-haired girl, watching the boy's exhausted state. He had tried his best to fight without her ability, wasting more of his chakra than the Brisa and Uchiha would've preferred, before finally caving.

"Naruto," Sasuke called out, causing the blonde to look up. "Don't push yourself too much. I'll handle it from here-"

Before he could finish, Naruto was already flying through the air. His fist hit one of the genins sending him flying into the two behind him as he landed on his feet sloppily. His teammates and Kabuto watched in surprise, sweat dripping down the Uzumaki's forehead but he still grinned as he held his fist.

"After all that, you really think I'm going to sit back and let you guys have all the fun?" The Blonde teased, his head held high.

'Is this... Naruto?' Sasuke couldn't help but think to himself before glancing back at Luna who was shakily fixing her headband back over her eye. 'What the hell happened?'

The genin around the blonde was in awe at his chakra stamina, Luna included as she listened to her best friend with a shaky grin. Their three opponents scoffed oddly in sync, as they recovered from the blonde's attack.

"This isn't over," One of them snarled, all of them forming a hand sign. "We've got plenty more tricks up our sleeve."

"Besides... The time's running out for all of us."

With their last words, smoke filled the clearing. Luna could feel someone grab her just before the smoke traveled over her and before she knew it, she was slowly being set on her feet. Her hand clutched Kabuto's arm as she steadied herself, begrudgingly giving him a look of thanks before pulling away from him. She watched as the clearing was filled with solid clones of their opponents a scowl forming on her lips as she anticipated the incoming battle.