6. Beyond the Pale.

"What the hell are you doing here?" A loud and a strong voice startled me which I immediately recognized.

He turned me towards himself harshly and seized my arm in a tight and painful grip, dragging me out from the room. Shutting the door, he shoved me towards the wall. My back collided with the wall roughly and I was sure it will pain later. He banged his other palm on the wall, caging me between him and the wall.

My insides trembled and a chill ran down my spine looking at the rage in his smouldering blue eyes. His jaw was clenched and his look terrorized me.

"Mr. Rathod, what are you doing? Leave me." I pleaded trying to remove his long fingers and free myself from his clutches. My wrist felt sore already.

"I asked you something. How dare you come here? What do you think of yourself?" He glowered, passing a deathly glare at me and tightened his hold further, if possible.

"I was just looking around and I didn't know that entry into this area is prohibited. Leave my hand, it's paining." I answered him back but it seems like he has turned deaf ear to my pleadings. Instead he yanked me closer to himself roughly and restrained my hands behind my back making me wince.

"Get habitual to this Ms. Maheshwari. You'd agreed for this marriage, even after I warned you not to. But if you have some sense of self preservation left, stay the fuck away from my personal life. I, this room or anything in this house is off limits for you. Do you get that?"

He was seething in anger and his popping vein near his temple was too conspicuous to overlook. I stared at him with a hateful gaze. He was glaring at me already and at this moment he just looked like a devil to me about whom the media always recited in their news. I didn't realize when a fat tear rolled down my cheek but I kept staring at him. This was my future I'd given my consent for.

He left me abruptly and I stumbled back colliding with the wall again. I winced, rubbing my arm which I am sure must have turned red.

"Vitthal uncle,Vitthal uncle." His voice boomed in the corridor making me flinch and a sob left my mouth unknowingly. I saw the old man coming toward us , running and huffing. I immediately wiped my tears not wanting him to witness my condition.

"What happened Aditya?"He asked respectfully to him .

"Where the hell were you? If you can't even manage one floor then you better sit at home. What is she doing here and why the room wasn't locked?" Mr. Rathod yelled at him rudely without any of his fault and I felt bad.

"I apologize for my carelessness. I thought she is with you. It will not happen again." He replied truthfully and looked down.

"It's not his fault Mr. Rathod." I intervened in between not able to see the old man getting scolded. It wasn't anybody's fault, I wanted to add further but didn't. It's not like there is some hidden treasure in here that he is creating a fuss about it.

"Leave." Mr. Rathod said to him in a slow voice and he went away. Rudra and Riya approached us but they chose to be silent. They both gave me an apologetic look and I knew they witnessed everything.

Mr. Rathod sighed annoyingly and walked away from there briskly. Rudra followed silently.

"I'm sorry on Adi's behalf, Adira." Riya said apologetically.