10. A Ray of Hope.

Everyone entered the room in a disillusioned hope to witness the aftermath of Mr. Rathod's apparent anger on me but were clearly disappointed when they got nothing to see. I glanced at him once, before starting the presentation. His gaze was encouraging enough to charge up my exuberance and I blinked gratefully.

Without any unwanted interruption the presentation was over where I also put forward my opinion to change the chosen land to provide a calm surroundings to the guests visiting the resort for their change of mood and environment. After a small round of claps

I came back to my seat and a piercing and hateful glare pointing at me took my attention. It was none other than my step-dad but I wasn't bothered. Suddenly I felt brave, powerful.

Is it because I've Mr. Rathod's strong support? I mulled over the thought.

"Well the presentation was detailed and nice but gentlemen I would like to clear, that the land won't change. We're about to finalize the land once this deal is signed. It was already chosen." Sagar stated clearing his throat. I wanted to interrupt but before that one of our investors Mr. Rastogi intervened,

"And why is that so? Ms. Maheshwari is indeed correct. The view should be calm and beautiful and since the land has still not been purchased I think going with her idea is better."

I glanced at Mr. Rathod and he smirked at me with appreciation and that made me really happy and confident. I couldn't help but smile back at him.

"The budget would get disturbed then and it will affect the construction and designing." Sagar tried again but I could see all of them were resolute about it. They were trusting my plans over his decisions. I couldn't believe it.

'You have it in yourself, you just don't realize it.' Was he correct about me? Can I really do this?

"It will affect the profits too, positively. Besides what's the harm in trying, we may get it within the desired budget. Ms. Maheshwari, my PA will give you the list of certain lands that we have under our scrutiny. You can choose one if you like and we could go and finalize it in a day or two. Is it fine gentlemen?"

Mr. Rathod's certitude voice silenced every argument and everyone seems to agree. However Sagar was really annoyed, his lips set in a grim line keeping his large mouth shut.

"Let's seal the deal then." I smiled at his words. My first project and I'm glad it's with him. Thank you Krishna ji!

Before he could sign our another investor, Mr. Shah excused himself to say something.

"I want to discuss something before signing the deal Mr. Rathod. Undoubtedly, Ms. Maheshwari is a young talented woman with bright ideas and I am hoping this deal won't be going in loss like the previous deals of Singhaniya Industries but still I don't feel secure and convinced enough to finalize the deal when she is the one heading it."

My heart squeezed hearing his statement. Everything was going great then why Krishna ji?

"But why Mr. Shah? Did you not find the presentation satisfactory enough?"

"No, it's not like that. Infact the ideas are brilliant. Initially I was interested in this project because AR Groups is a part of it and I enjoy doing business with you. You know that Mr. Rathod, but this time the collaboration seems more personal rather than professional." He tried explaining and glanced at Mr. Rathod in between.

"So what if it's personal or professional. You'll have your profits anyway. Please elaborate what you wanna say?" Mr. Rathod questioned shrewdly, shutting the file without signing it, breaking my hopes too.

"Mr. Rathod, I can understand what Mr. Shah is trying to say. Even I've my doubts. After your engagement with Ms. Maheshwari you'd made a declaration about the ownership of that resort which means even if this project goes for a toss then AR Groups won't be affected much. You can start the project all over again, the ownership is yours because ultimately she'll be your wife hence the profit will be yours. Before this announcement, we all were sailing in the same boat but now what about us? She doesn't have any property or shares under her name. We don't have any security at the moment. How our amount will be returned if this project goes in a loss? We'll be left with nothing just like those investors who dealt with Singhaniya's previously."