20. Inception of a New Beginning.

A/n :-  The facts or details mentioned in the chapter ahead are either taken from the google, based on research or mend according to the story. Don't apply everything in your daily life. It's a fiction.

Enjoy reading!

_____

Three days later...

His relentless tapping of the foot on the sterile marble floor drew unwanted attention towards us, as the child, of around school going age, sitting across us started crying being scared of loud sound.

The child's mother shot a glare at Aditya, patting her child to sleep while he sat unbothered, but continued bothering others.

Passing an apologetic smile to that lady, I prodded my foot on his leg pulling him out of his world.

He glared at me and I gestured him to look in front of us. Realisation dawned over him and his countenance changed.

It was complete silence after that. The child was still sobbing and eventually slept on his mother's shoulder but the relief didn't last long as Aditya's mobile blared scaring that child and a shrill cry echoed in the waiting room of Gauhar's clinic.

Before the other patients and the mother of the wailing child could kill us, I dragged him out of the waiting room and we both stood in the corridor, outside the room.

He shrugged acting all innocent and walked away receiving the call, making me sigh. It wasn't his fault actually. He is behaving agitated and nervous since morning and wasn't his own usual confident self.

He couldn't hide his appreciable anxiety when we drove towards the rehabilitation centre which was in actual Gauhar's clinic. I was surprised when he informed me that it's Gauhar who will be his therapist for de-addiction. She is a child specialist along with a rehab counsellor. He had tried this de-addiction process in his past too but wasn't successful. This time, it was Gauhar's condition or demand whichever way I put it, to bring some assistance along, someone who could monitor his activities 24*7 and more astonishingly Aditya chose me.

Since no one other than me and Rudra know about his noxious habits, he didn't have much choice either. Rudra cannot monitor him as required so the option zeroed down to me and here I was in a vacant long corridor, waiting for our turn which is the last since Aditya isn't a child. He is here because he is Gauhar's friend from last four years.

"How long do we have to wait?" He cribbed chewing his gums with furrowed eyebrows, drilling hole in the closed door of her cabin. His grouchy look and uptight demeanour was constant from the morning and now I feel concerned seeing him so nervy.

"Aditya relax! It has been only half an hour we have arrived and don't worry, only two patients are left. We can wait." He exhaled a frazzled breath and gulped down a sip of water from the bottle I offered him.

"Are you worried about something?" I asked sceptically while he looked down on the floor without answering but his stiff shoulders indicated otherwise.

"If you are stressed because you think I'd break my promise then don't worry, you can trust me. I won't, ever." I patted his shoulder tenderly, in assurance, uncertain about his reaction, however his shoulders sagged in relaxation.

I'd already promised him to not cross the line of his privacy, that I won't be asking any question that would be irrelevant for this de-addiction programme. Nothing that isn't beneficial or required. I'd have to keep my curiosity in check otherwise he won't be able to continue and I don't want that. He is trying to come out of this venomous trap and I should help him in every way I'm capable of.

"I do." He murmured with conviction.

____________

"Good evening Adira! Hello Mr. Grumpy! How have you both been?" Gauhar greeted us with a tease making me chuckle. She looked debonair in her green knee-length dress with a bright smile gleaming up her face. I smiled back at her however Aditya had nothing to say except rolling his eyes in annoyance as he'd to wait for almost an hour.