19. Fortituous Dealings.

Hello!

Press the star button if you're liking the story.

Inline comments will be really appreciated.

_____

Adira's Pov

I entered the study after knocking twice and getting the permission. Mr. Rathod was talking to someone. I could hear some incoherent voices coming from the room. The air felt thick with tension when I registered the grave expressions on Rudra's features while Mr. Rathod had the usual cold and blank look. What's happening?

"I think I came at the wrong time." I said passing a faint smile, feeling a bit awkward to walk in like that.

"Nothing. We were simply talking." Rudra covered up with a tight-lipped smile and walked out after asking about Ani, but not before glancing at Mr. Rathod who didn't keep any eye-contact.

"Have you checked on Ani?"

"He was sleeping an hour ago. Mrs. Ahuja came back, so I left." Mr. Rathod replied, walking back to his desk and resumed his work.

"Today I went to get his course upgraded in his art school, Colors outside the lines. It's a nice school."

Staring at me for a brief second, he looked back towards the screen ignoring what I just said, his stoned expressions giving away nothing.

"Mr. Rathod, can I ask you something?" I mustered the courage and walked near the wooden desk that was in between us. He refused to acknowledge me with an answer.

"I'm talking to you." I was irritated as he kept on typing something in his laptop without gracing me with a single glance, as if I do not exist for him. A cold look would do as well.

I moved around the desk and shut his laptop and heard him taking a deep breath. Now he has to talk. Any other day or reason, I would've walked out without glancing at him twice but today I had questions and the only one who'd the answers was him. He cannot play with my family's feelings, least of all my brother's.

However, to my shock, he stood up and walked towards the chest of drawers and extracted a file from the topmost one and started reading it.

I could feel smoke emitting from my ears. Letting the anger rule my actions, I marched furiously towards him and yanked him around to face me. "Aditya, I'm talking to you. You can't just ignore me like that."

His head snapped at me and a trace of a victory smirk dignified his entrancing face. I was spellbound, realising how close I was standing to him. "What if I say no?"

"Huh?" Blinking abruptly out of my trance, I stepped back. His aura is tantalizingly dangerous. My subconscious sagged down with a disappointed look.

"What if I say, you cannot ask me anything?" His tone was humiliatingly arrogant. My words died down but my anger flared up. He was ignoring me on purpose. Like always, he enjoys irking me.

"Let's make a deal?" He added smugly, on receiving silence as my response. I looked at him expectantly.

"I will answer your questions, only if you promise to not address me as 'Mr. Rathod'." What?! Is he serious?

"But you are Mr. Rathod!" I exclaimed in a matter-of-fact tone.

A conspicuous scowl marred his sharp features and I felt a smile hinting on my lips. It was my turn to rile him up a bit.

"Then what should I call you, 'darling hubby'? I asked with thorough sincerity but only I knew how I was holding back from smiling as his scowl intensified, mixed with a glare that wasn't disdainful. He was bugged. It felt novel to see him this way.