Chapter 3

*Shayna's P.O.V

I watched the landscape as the plane landed in Florida. I haven't been here in Florida in five years. My mom always claimed that we didn't have enough money to come visit my grandmother.

I exited the plane and grabbed my suitcase. I kept my eye out for my grandmother. I wasn't sure if she would be here yet. I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed her number. "Hello?" she said. "Hey grandma."

"Oh hello Shayna. I'm sorry honey I'm almost there. The traffic is crazy out here. I will be there in five minutes. Just wait outside for me."

"Okay see you in a few." I hung up, and headed outside. As soon as I stepped outside, I felt the humid air. I forgot how humid it could get here in Florida. I waited five minutes for my grandma. A black Range Rover pulled up in front of me, and my grandma got out of the back seat. "Shayna!" she said coming to hug me. "Hey grandma." I said embracing her. "Let me help you with that." she said grabbing my suitcase. "Gosh I didn't realize how humid it was outside tonight." my grandma said as she got in the Range Rover. "I know."

"Shayna this is my driver John."

"Hi." I said. He just nodded. "I'm glad you decided to come down here to live with me. I've gotten a little lonely lately. I mean I do have Coco, and Bob but they don't help." Coco and Bob are my grandma's pomskies. Its a Pomeranian and a Husky mixed. They are the cutest dogs I've ever seen. "It was about time for a change for me anyways." she smiled. "I heard your mom's funeral was a beautiful event." she said. "Yeah it was. Everybody my mom knew was there."

"Oh just so you know. I had some of my friends buy some clothes for you since I'm pretty sure you lost most of your clothes in the fire."

"Yeah I basically lost everything in the fire. While I was living with Jaylynn's family, they bought me a few outfits."

"Well when we get to my house. You'll see all the nice things that are in your closet." Yeah my grandma has always been very wealthy. She was born into a wealthy family, then she married a wealthy man so she's always been rich. I guess that's why my mom didn't like her as much. I guess mom thought she was a little snobby, and that she thought she was better than us in a way. I never thought that way about my grandma. She's a great woman.

We finally made it to my grandma's house. It was bigger than I remembered. The driveway was made of little bricks which led up to the porch. Which had patio furniture that looked brand new. The front doors were glass and had a curtain on the inside that was a burgundy red. "The door is unlocked sweetie." my grandma said as she put her phone back in her purse. I opened the door and the front room lights turned on. The front room was gorgeous. A leather black couch, love seat, and recliner were all positioned in an orderly fashion, with a glass coffee table sitting in between them. A fifty inch flat screen television hung from the wall. I kept walking forward and then I saw the beautiful kitchen. Everything seemed to go nicely together. "You have a beautiful home grandma."

"Well thank you dear." she set her purse down on the counter. "Here let me show you to your room." she said leading the way up the stairs. I looked at all the paintings on the way as I walked down the hallway. "Here we are." she said opening the door. It was a huge room. The bed was as big as it could get, and everything was so perfect. I felt like I was looking at a room that you would see in those interior design magazines. "The closet is in that door there and the bathroom is that door next to the T.V. I'm gonna let you get settled in."

"Okay. Thanks for everything grandma."

"No problem sweet heart." I closed the door after she walked away. I opened the closet door, and to my surprise it was a huge walk in closet. I looked around the room. I think I'm actually going to like it here.