Chapter 7

*Shayna's P.O.V

They got my bed packed in the U-Haul, and closed them all. "Well we have everything packed up." John said. It was only eight o'clock in the morning. My plane wasn't leaving until the evening. "Okay. You guys should get a head start." I said to the people who would be driving the U-Hauls. "Okay. We should probably be there tomorrow night or the day after." one guy said. "Okay. I really appreciate it guys." they got in the U-Hauls and drove off. Dedication blared from my phone. Why would Shane be calling me. I thought he didn't want to talk to me ever again. "Hello?"

"Shayna. I'm really sorry about storming off like that yesterday."

"It's okay. I understand."

"I want you to know that I still love you, but I can't do long distance."

"I understand."

"When I turn eighteen, I'll move out to California with you."

"Aw Shane really."

"Of course. Like I said I love you."

"I love you too."

"So goodbye for now, and good luck out there."

"Thank you." I hung up. John was still lingering around. "I just gave Coco and Bob the last of their food." he said. "Thanks John."

"You're welcome."

"No I mean for everything. You didn't have to stick around after my grandma died but you did anyways."

"Well someone had to look after you."

"Could you do one more favor for me?"

"Sure."

"Drive me around town one last time."

"Sure." we got in the car and drove around Englewood. We came up to the park where me and Shane had our first kiss and first date. "Stop here for a second." John stopped. I got out of the Range Rover and sat down on the park bench. I thought about my time here in Englewood. It was a great summer here. I met Shane and I developed a better relationship with my grandma. "Shane was right. You are here." I heard Alyssa say. I looked back to see Hannah and Alyssa. I got up and hugged them both. You're leaving in a few hours huh?" Alyssa asked. "Yeah."

"I heard about what happen with you and Shane." Hannah said. "Well what are you gonna do? Shane is right it is gonna be hard to long distance."

"We're gonna miss you Shayna."

"I know, but just know that if you ever have the opportunity to come to California, come visit me."

"Sure." Alyssa said smiling. I hugged them both. "Good luck out there Shayna." Hannah said as I walked away. "Thanks." I got back in the Range Rover. "Lets head back home so I can get Coco and Bob." my phone started ringing. It was Jaylynn. "Hello?"

"Shane just called me and told me what was going on. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm sorry Jaylynn."

"It's okay Shayna. Don't start getting upset. I just wish you would've told me."

"I know. You should've been the first person I told."

"Its okay. Well good luck out there Shayna and please keep in touch."

"Don't worry I will."

Coco, Bob, and I made it to California and it was nine o'clock at night. I put their carriers on the floor and opened them. "Welcome to your new house guys." They ran out of their carriers and started smelling around. There was no furniture in my apartment yet but its better than staying in a hotel and paying to stay there. My stomach started grumbling. I knew where a Whole Foods store was and they were closing at ten so I had to hurry up and go there before they closed. "I'm going to the store. Behave while I'm gone." I said to Coco and Bob as if they were human children. I locked the door and headed down stairs to my car. I was only get perishable foods because all the non perishable foods that were at my grandma's they're in the U-Haul. I bought all the food, and headed back home. As soon as I unlocked the door, Coco and Bob were sitting right there waiting for me. "Hey babies." I said kneeling down to pet them. I put the stuff away. I opened my suitcase to get some pajamas out and noticed my camera. "Oh my goodness." I just realized that I haven't made a video for my YouTube channel in a month. I got my tripod set up and put my camera on. "Hey what's up you guys. I know you haven't seen me in about a month, but life has been quite rough on me lately. My grandma ended up getting really sick, so I had to take care of her. She ended up getting sicker, so I took her to the hospital. She needed surgery." I started crying. "I'm sorry guys." I waited until I stopped crying to speak again. "My grandma ending up passing during the surgery. After that I didn't get out of bed for two weeks. When I finally got out of bed I took a trip out to California. I stayed there for a week and a half. I went back to Florida, and decided to move out to the Bay permanently. So as of right now I am in my new apartment. I thought it would be a good idea to move out here. I absolutely love it out here. I know that I didn't really thank you guys for a thousand subscribers. I probably have more than that now, but thank you for sticking around and subscribing. It's getting late now, and I had a long day so I'm gonna head to bed. Once I get furniture in here expect a apartment tour. I love you guys and I'll see you next week. Bye." I shut off the camera and decided that I would transfer the footage to my computer in the morning. I headed upstairs to one of the rooms and laid down on the carpet floors. Coco and Bob followed me up there and laid down with me. "Don't worry guys everything will be just fine out here." I said before I fell into a deep sleep.