Chapter 6

*Shayna's P.O.V

I got off my plane and I was finally in California. It felt nice. I had to get my bags and get out of there so I could find a hotel room. My phone started ringing. It was Shane. "Hello?"

"Shayna. Where are you?"

"California."

"Are you crazy? Why didn't you tell me?"

"It was kind of a spur of the moment type thing."

"When are you coming back?"

"In a week or two." he sighed. "Okay. Be careful out there."

"I will be."

"I love you."

"I love you too." I hung up. I opened the Uber app on my phone, and got an Uber to come pick me up and take me to the closest hotel. To be honest I was happy that I was here but I was kind of scared to be all the way out here on my own.

Half a week went by and I was really starting to love it here in the Bay area I was starting to really think that I should move here, but Shane would be really upset if I just packed it up and left. On the other hand I'm a legal adult now and I could do what I please. I looked around at apartments that allows animals. I could not imagine leaving Coco and Bob behind. I found a really nice apartment, so I called the number provided. "Hello?" a lady said. "Hi my name is Shayna. I saw your apartment online and I'm interested."

"Oh okay. Would you like to come by and look at the apartment?"

"Sure could I come by in about an hour?"

"Sure I'll see you there." I hung up, and got myself dressed in white overall shorts and a sunflower crop top, with yellow converse sneakers. I called an Uber to take me Tapioca Express which was conveniently close to the apartment. I never been here before but Kalin and Myles get drinks here, so I ordered a bubble tea. I sat outside waiting to head over to the apartment. I noticed that in the window there was a sign that said "Now hiring". I went back inside. "I saw your sign outside that said you were hiring. Can I get an application?"

"Sure." the lady reached under the counter and pulled out a paper. "Thank you." I headed over to the apartment. "Shayna?"

"Yes ma'am that's me."

"I'm Joan. Let me take you up to the apartment." I followed her in the building, up the stairs to the penthouse rooms. She unlocked the door and let me in. As soon as I walked in the view from the window was amazing. The apartment was empty. "You can look around if you'd like." Joan said. I looked in the kitchen and it had wood counters that had a shiny finish. I headed up the stairs where there were two rooms which were both empty. I went back downstairs. "I really like it. How much are you asking for it?" I asked Joan. "Five thousand plus one thousand for the first months rent."

"Does the rent cover for utilities?"

"Yes."

"Great. I'll take it."

"Fantastic! I should have the paper work ready for you to sign tomorrow. Do you want to meet here again tomorrow so you can sign the papers?"

"Sure should I bring a check for the payment?"

"Yes just put it in my name which is Joan Pertretti."

"Okay. What time should I be here?"

"Noon?"

"Okay yeah sure that will work."

"Okay I'll see you tomorrow."

Before I went back to my hotel, I decided it would be a good idea to buy a car. I stopped at a used car lot and got a 2013 Ford Mustang convertible. It works pretty well and it almost looks brand new. I have my license but I should probably get a California license, plus I need to get a license plate. I called the DMV to make an appointment for before noon. Once I got to my hotel, I got a ticket to go back to Florida so I can get my grandma's furniture and the rest of my stuff. I needed to get Coco and Bob as well. I called John. "Hello?"