Chapter 10

*Shayna's P.O.V

I woke up and turned on my phone. The text messages started rolling in as soon as my phone started up. They were from Jaylynn.

Jaylynn: OMG you got his number?!

Jaylynn: Did you text him yet?

Jaylynn: ????

I texted her back saying that I hadn't texted him yet. I had an hour before I had to be at work. I had no idea if Olive was working today, but I only had to work five hours so it didn't really matter. I went downstairs to eat something, and feed Coco and Bob. As I sat down and ate, I decided that I would text Myles.

Me: Hey its Shayna

YBM: Hey. How are you doing this morning?

Me: Okay I guess. I have work in less than an hour

YBM: When do you get off?

Me: I get off at 4

YBM: Oh okay. You wanna chill when you get off? Just you and me though.

Me: Sure. Come over my place at five

YBM: Okay see you then.

I finished eating and put my plate in the sink, and washed it. I got dressed in my work clothes. I still had time about thirty minutes before I had to leave so I sat down on my couch with my laptop, and looked at my YouTube channel. I then remembered that I hadn't partnered my YouTube channel with a company and I told myself I would when I turned eighteen. I went on the Awesomeness TV website and filled out all my information. By the time I finished it was time for me to leave for work.

I walked in and saw Olive behind the counter. "Oh hey dude." I said. "Hey." she sounded tired. "You look like you got no sleep last night."

"I didn't Kalin invited me to his house last night."

"Ooh."

"We didn't do anything. We just hung out."

"Hung out or 'hung out'." she rolled her eyes. "Myles gave me his number last night."

"Ooh." she said mocking me. I rolled my eyes. "I'm hanging out with him at my place later after I get off of work."

"When do you get off?"

"Four."

"Lucky I have to be here until closing."

I felt like my shift was going on for ages. "Its four o'clock." Olive said. I ran to the back to clock out and rushed out of there. "Have fun." Olive yelled before the door closed. I was so excited that I ran all the way to my apartment. I had to take a shower and figure out what I was going to wear. I was excited and I was also nervous. Social anxiety was just something I couldn't forget. It was something that controlled my whole life, I literally hated it. Maybe when I hang out with him more, I won't be so nervous. Five o'clock rolled around, and Myles wasn't here. I didn't expect him to show up at five o'clock on the dot. Ten minutes went by and finally there was a knock on the door. It was Myles with two pizza boxes and a two liter bottle of Sprite. "Dinner is served." he said with a smile on his face. I smiled and let him in. He set the pizzas and Sprite on my coffee table in the living room. "Sorry I'm late by the way. Its rush hour and you would not believe the traffic." he said sitting down on the couch. I just stood there. He set his keys and phone on the table, and looked at me. "Come sit. I don't bite. Not yet at least." he said with a wink. I smiled, and sat down next to him. "Are you sure you're alright?" he asked. "I uh yep I'm fine."

"No need to be shy."

"Did I mention before that I have social anxiety?"

"No and what's that anyhow?"

I explained what social anxiety was while we sat and ate pizza. "Man social anxiety must be hell." he said. "It is. I've dealt with it my whole life, and I hate it."

"So that's why you shake all the time?"

"Yeah, plus my mom said it runs in my family." he looked down at my shaking hands, and held them so they wouldn't shake but honestly that just made it worse. "Olive told me that you're a big fan of mine and Kalin's."

"Yeah I love your music."

"Yeah? Olive also told us that when we left Tapioca Express that one day you started screaming."

"Oh my goodness that is so embarrassing." I said covering my face. "Nah its all good." he said smiling. Oh my goodness I loved his smile so much.

We stayed up so late just talking and I felt more comfortable around him and I guess he started to notice. "More comfortable around me I see?" he said after a moment of silence. "I guess so." I said smiling. There was another moment of silence then I thought of something to talk about. "So Olive and Jake had a little thing going on back in high school huh?"

"Yeah." he said laughing. "Don't tell anyone I said this but Olive likes Kalin." I know I said I wouldn't say anything but I trusted Myles. "Don't tell anyone I said this but Kalin likes Olive."

"No way!" he nodded. "What about you? Do you like someone?" I asked. "Uh yeah someone caught my eye." I just smiled. Coco and Bob made their way down to the living room. "Oh I didn't know you had dogs." Myles said putting his hand down to let them smell his hand. "Oh yeah. That's Coco and Bob. They were my grandma's dogs." I patted my lap and they hopped up on the couch. Myles started petting them. "They like you." I said as I watched him pet them. "I like you too." I said whispering to myself. I guess he heard me because he shot his head up and looked at me. "What was that?" he asked. "I said uh I said I like you too." he looked at me, and then my lips. We leaned in and our lips touched. Voices in my head were screaming and asking if this was really happening. We pulled away. "I have been waiting my whole life to do that." I said more to myself. He smiled. "You're shaking again."

"Don't worry its a good thing this time." I said.