Chapter 2

Back At The Noodle Shop

Po is serving the customers at their tables. However, he struggles to squeeze through the small gaps. "Excuse me. Pardon me. Sorry." Po said as he accidentally knocks into a table. "Hey, watch it Po." Pig customer said to him. "Oh, sorry. Suck it up." Po said and he sucks in his stomach. Po's belly gets stuck between two tables, and in his attempt to lift himself free, Po accidentally sticks his tail puff into a rabbit family's soup bowl, making the rabbit children cry. "Oops, sorry! A thousand pardons..." Po said to them then a gong sounds. Po turns and sees a group of palace staff sticking a poster on the wall of the restaurant. "What?!" Po yelled as he He runs over to the poster which features the Furious Five and Jesse, reads the writing, and gets very excited. "Master Oogway's choosing the Dragon Warrior and the warrior will join Jesse the warrior Fox in very important missions. And it...Today!" Po yelled excited even more. "Everyone! Everyone!" Po yelled while setting down the noodle bowls making everyone look at him. "Go, get to the Jade Palace! One of the Five is going to get the Dragon Scroll!" Po yelled while he begins ushering out the customers making Mr. Ping looks up from the counter. Po runs over to a customer trying to quickly finish their food. "We've been waiting a thousand years for this just take the bowl!" Po yelled and he runs over to a rabbit counting coins. "This is the greatest day in kung fu history! Don't worry about it, just go!" Po yelled as he begins following the customers out of the restaurant until..."Po! Where are you going?" Mr. Ping asks him making Po struggles to hide his dismay as he turns back to his father. "To the...Jade Palace?" Po said while he inches slightly out of the door. "But you're forgetting your noodle cart." Mr. Ping said as he rolls a heavy-looking noodle cart toward Po. "The whole Valley will be there, and you'll sell noodles to all of them." Mr. Ping said to him with a smile. "Selling noodles?" Po said making Mr. Ping nods happily. "But Dad, I was kinda thinking maybe I-" Po said to him. "Yeah?" Mr. Ping said with a smile. "I was kinda thinking maybe I..." Po said again. "Uh-huh?" Mr. Ping said still with a smile. "Could also sell the bean buns. They're-they're about to go bad." Po said to his father. "That's my boy! I told you that dream was a sign!" Mr. Ping said to him and he walks back into the shop. "Yeah, heh heh, glad I had it." Po said as he looks down at the cart disappointed.

At the Palace Arena

The Jade Palace, palace staff are preparing for the tournament while children play and the villagers stream into the arena. Jesse was walking around making sure everything was going okay. Jesse sees children running around having fun then Jesse feels pain in her eyes she was having a vision. Jesse opens her eyes to see a warrior of black and white. "You okay, my dear?" Jesse hears Oogway making her turn to him. "Yes, master I just had another vision it was about a warrior of black and white." Jesse said to him making Oogway place his hand on her shoulder. "There is something upon us, dear, and I am curious about what you saw in your vision." Oogway said to her and he walks away from her with Jesse watching him.

Meanwhile, down at the thousand steps leading down to the village, Po was staring open-mouthed at the daunting task ahead of him. Po closes his mouth with a gulp and begins to ascend the stairs, though is severely hindered by the noodle cart while the villagers move past him as he slowly makes progress. Sometime later, Po is still ascending the stairs, dragging his cart behind him, exhausted. Po stops for a breather and flops onto his back. "I'm...almost there...huh?" Po said as he sits up, and sees to his despair that he has only made it up seven steps. "No! Oh noooo!" Po yelled as two pig villagers, the Shaw brothers, pass by and meet Po on the stairs. "Sorry, Po." K.G. Shaw said to him. "We'll bring you back a souvenir." J.R. Shaw said to him and they continue up the stairs. Po stares after them and then makes a decision. "No...I'll bring me back a souvenir." Po said to himself and he casts away his apron and noodle hat, and makes his way up to the palace, leaving the noodle cart behind.