Chapter 25

Days later, Jesse, Erwin Po and Li were  making progress in their journey until Li hears Po's stomach rumble. "Oh, lunch break?" Li asks them. "You don't need to ask me twice." Po said to him. "Again?" Erwin said to them. "We already had six lunch breaks." Jesse said to them. "We get to eat." Li said to the two foxes while Po slams food bag on the ground. "Ow." The group hears someone. "Dad?" Po said making Li look at him. "Yes?" Li said to him while Po turns his bag around. "Dad..." Po said upset as he opens the food bag and sees Mr. Ping inside. "Yes?" Mr. Ping asks him with a nervously smiles. "What are you doing here?" Jesse asks Mr. Ping. "What am I doing?" Mr. Ping said back while he gets out of the bag. "Getting a backache. Did you have to step on every rock?" Mr. Ping said to Po. "No, she mean why are you here?" Po asks him. "What was I supposed to do, huh? What if the pandas don't have food you like? You're never gonna be able to save the world on an empty stomach." Mr. Ping said to him then he walks over to Li. "I consider my presence mission critical." Mr. Ping said to him. "Oh yes, about that. We can't share the location of the village with others, so..." Li said to him. "Well, you think I can't keep a secret, huh? I raised Po for twenty years before I finally told him he was adopted." Mr. Ping said to him. "Seriously?" Erwin asks looking at Po. "Yeah." Po said to him with a smiles. "Okay, I guess it would be cruel to make you fly back." Li said to him making Po gasp. "You can fly?" Po asks Mr. Ping. "I'm a bird, Po." Mr. Ping said to him even though the group didn't eat, Po's hunger was replaced as curiosity and the group continue their travel.

Over the next week, the group traveled through dangerous parts of many mountains. Sometimes Li had to help Po up some of the mountains on their travel. Soon the group was going through snow that came up to the pandas stomachs. The pandas had to push their way through the snow and harsh cold winds while the foxes and Mr. Ping can walk freely on top of the snow. 

Until finally, they stop at an ice wall. "We're here." Li said to them as the group looks up at the ice wall. "Sure looks like a long ways up there." Mr. Ping said then he chuckles. "And my son hates stairs. So let's go home." Mr. Ping said to them. "We're pandas. We don't do stairs." Li said to him. "I've waited my whole life to hear those words." Po said to Jesse who looks at him. "Somehow I believe that." Jesse said to him as Li pulls on a rope then A raft lifts them up the ice wall. "Rats." Mr. Ping said to himself. "Whoa— huh?" Po said as the group reach the top, only a snowy fog awaits them. They continue to walk up the mountain. "This is the secret panda village?" Mr. Ping said to Li and he chuckles. "No wonder you keep it a secret. If I lived here, I wouldn't tell anyone either." Mr. Ping said to Li who stops and chuckles. "Now you can whoa." Li said to Po. "Whoa." Po said as the snowy fog disappears. A sunlit village full of trees, people, and elaborate houses is seen instead.

"Li? Everyone, Li is back."

"They're both back. He found his son."

"He made it. They're back. Li? He found his son." 

"Everyone, Li is back." 

"Hang on, we're coming." 

"He made it." 

"Why are we running?" 

"He made it." 

"Li Shan is back."

The Pandas all said at the same time while they run over to them. The Pandas meld into a crowd of black and white while running towards them as fast as they could. Jesse looks at Po to see a big smile on his face. All of the sudden, every panda stop half way tired from running. After a few seconds of the villagers catching their breaths then they ran the rest of the way.  "Everyone, everyone gather around! This is my son." Li said to everyone while waving his hand and patting Po's shoulder. Po shivered confused before laughing as triplet of cubs climbs onto Po. "Triplets!" Po said looking at the the cubs.