Chapter 5

Later that day, Shifu and Po return from the mountains, entering the palace courtyard while Po has an easy spring in his step. "You have done well, Panda." Shifu said to Po. "Done well? Done well?! I've done awesome!" Po yelled while he swings his belly around and knocks Shifu off balance, though he quickly regained his dignity. "The mark of a true hero is humility. But yes...you have done..." Shifu said to Po then he playfully punches Po in the side hard enough for him to stagger. "Awesome." Shifu said to him then the two share chuckles and falter when they hear an approaching flapping sound. An indistinct figure appears in the clouds behind them...it's Crane.

"Huh?" Po said when he sees Crane carrying the group to the palace grounds, crashing in a heap. Crance drops his friends who were paralyzed comrades scattered in the middle of the courtyard while Shifu is speechless. "Guys? Guys!" Po yelled as he throws his backpack aside and runs over to them. "They're dead?! No, they're breathing! They're asleep?! No, their eyes are open..." Po said while Crane is exhausted, his feathers ruffled. "We were no match...for his nerve attack." Crane said to Shifu out of breath. "He has gotten stronger..." Shifu said then he presses some pressure points on Mantis's chest, freeing him. "Who? Tai Lung? Stronger?" Po asks Shifu who was standing by Monkey as Shifu starts freeing Monkey. Monkey releases suddenly from his paralysis...and delivers a punch to Po's head. "He's too fast!" Monkey yelled then he slowly realizes where he is. "Sorry, Po." Monkey said to him while Shifu presses some pressure points on Jesse freeing her. "I saw Tai Lung in my vision attacking the Five." Jesse said to him while Shifu kneeled before Tigress and works to free her and Tigress revives with a gasp. "I thought we could stop him." Tigress said to Shifu ashamed. "He could have killed you." Shifu said to her. "Why didn't he?" Jesse asks him while standing up. "So you could come back and strike fear into our hearts. But it won't work." Shifu said to them while he says this, he frees Viper. "Uh, it might...I mean, a little. I'm pretty scared." Po said to him. "You can defeat him, panda!" Shifu said to him. "Are you kidding? If they can't..." Po said to Shifu while pointing at the group. "They're six masters. I'm just one me." Po said to him. "But you will have the one thing that no one else does." Shifu said to him making Po's eyes widen.

Inside the Hall of Warriors, the Dragon Scroll rests in the mouth of the golden dragon on the ceiling. Po stares at Shifu...then looks up at the Scroll then back at Shifu. "You really...believe I'm ready?" Po asks Shifu while Jesse stands with the five. "You are...Po." Shifu said to him and the two looked at each other.

Moments like this are important.

Jesse walks over to a table where Oogway's staff hangs on a rack surrounded by candles. Above the staff is a portrait of Oogway performing his usual Tai Chi beneath the peach tree. Po, Shifu, and The Five stand by while Jesse carries the staff over to the reflecting pool. Po can still see that Jesse was in pain but she was playing it off like it was nothing. Jesse closes her closes then she whirls the staff by the pool making the blossom petals rise in a flickering, spinning cloud up from the pool. The gentle tornado rises up around the ceiling carving that holds the Dragon Scroll then petals loosen the scroll from the dragon's mouth and it falls. At the last second, Jesse reaches out with the staff to catch the scroll at the end of it. "That was so beautiful in some way." Po said to himself while Jesse hands the scroll to Shifu. Shifu turns to Po to hold it to him. "Behold. The Dragon Scroll..." Shifu said as Po walks over to Shifu. "It is yours." Shifu said to him, Po reaches for the scroll but hesitates. "Wait...what happens when I read it?" Po asks him. "No one knows, but legend says you will be able to hear a butterfly's wing-beat." Shifu said to him. "Whoa! Really? That's cool." Po said to him. "Yes. And see light in the deepest cave. You will feel the universe in motion around you." Shifu said to him. "Wow!" Po yelled getting overexcited. "Can I punch through walls? Can I do a quadruple backflip? Will I have invisibility—" Po said to him. "Don't lose focus, Po." Jesse said to him. "Oh, yeah...yeah." Po said to her. "Read it, Po, and fulfill your destiny. Read it and become... the Dragon Warrior." Shifu said to him. "Whooaa!!!" Po said then he takes the scroll. Then Po grasps the tube and tries to pull the top off it. It doesn't budge. "It's impossible to open." Po said to two and he tries to bite it off. "Come on, baby. Come on now..." Po said to himself while Jesse holds out her paw. Po passes the scroll to Jesse who pops the end off effortlessly and passes it back to Po. "Thank you. I probably loosened it up for you though..." Po said to her. "I'm sure you did." Jesse said to him. "Okay, here goes." Po said and he starts to unroll the scroll, the golden light bathing his face. Shifu is excited that he is a witness to history...On Po's face as he finishes opening the scroll...then...