Chapter 8

Po, dressed in his Legendary Warrior outfit, appears over the horizon with a sword, facing what looks like an opponent. "Steel yourself against my steel, villain!" Po yelled then he jumps and landed, shedding his cloak and hat, and slicing apart his foe, which is revealed to be an onion. "Your reign of tears is over!" Po yelled then he smiles and is suddenly in the noodle shop kitchen then he turns to Mr. Ping. "I got the onion, Dad!" Po yelled to his dad. "I'll get the bok choy!" Mr. Ping said to him then he slices some vegetables. "Hi-yah!" Mr. Ping yelled while cutting the vegetables. "I'll get the radish!" Po yelled then he leaps up and sliced some floating vegetables. "Chop it fine, son! Chop it fine!" Mr. Ping yelled as the two add vegetables and other ingredients to a cooking pot.

"Carrots!"

"Mushroom!"

"Ginger!"

"Leeks!"

"Garlic!"

"Soy sauce!"

"Beets!"

Po yelled making Mr. Ping slap Po's paw away. "No beets!" Mr. Ping yelled at him. "But I like beets." Po said to him while frowning. "Shh! One final ingredient...noodles!" Mr. Ping yelled then he flies up, wondrously gathering a mass of noodles and sending them into the pot. "One noodle soup!" Rabbit customer said to them. Mr. Ping pours a bowl and adds parsley, then gives it to the rabbit, who tastes it. His eyes widen ecstatically and a splash of light shoots from him. "SOOOO DELICIOOOOUS!" Rabbit customer yelled as he floats away. "Dad, this dream is awesome!" Po yelled. "It's the noodle dream." Mr. Ping said to him suddenly the noodle shop tears away, and they find themselves in a gray, dismal area. In a flash, Tai Lung suddenly appears and grows to an enormous size. "Tai Lung? I thought you were dea--" Po said but he is interrupted as Tai Lung's giant paw squashes him and picks him up. The snow leopard dangles Po over his mouth. "Wait! Please don't eat my son!" Mr. Ping said to him then he pulls out a bowl of soup. "Have some delicious noodle soup." Mr. Ping said to him. "Don't worry, Dad. I got it under control." Po said to him then Tai Lung throws Po and opens his mouth to eat him. "Noooooooo!" Mr. Ping yelled then Po falls, his body grows until he is as giant as Tai Lung. Po lands on him and he levitates in the air as Tai Lung tries to attack, and kicks him away where the snow leopard vanishes in a burst of light, which Po follows. "Wait, wait! Where are you going? We're cooking together!" Mr. Ping yelled at him as Po was now dressed again in his cloak and hat. "Sorry, Dad, but evil doesn't take a holiday. And neither do I...Goodbye, Dad." Po said to him then he leaves and Mr. Ping goes after him. Meanwhile, the cooking stove in the background turns into a glowing blue monster. "Po, don't go! Don't go, my son! You can't leave me alone. I need you..." Mr. Ping said as the stove captures and drags him into its mouth as Mr. Ping screams.  

Mr. Ping awakes in his bed crying out. "Po!" Mr. Ping yelled then Po crashed into the room in a kung fu pose, ready to fight. "Hi-yah! Dad, where'd they go? What'd they look like?" Po asks him while Mr. Ping sits up. "Oh, I was dreaming! It was awful! We were cooking...but then, you left me. Now how could you leave me!" Mr. Ping yelled at him and he starts sobbing. "Dad, it was just a dream. I'm not going anywhere." Po said to him as he walks out of the room. "Now come on down. I got all the decorations out." Po said to him. "Oh, thank you, Po. You're such a good son." Mr. Ping said to him then he eyes the entrance and follows Po down the stairs. "Hmm. You owe me seventeen yuan for a new door." Mr. Ping said to his son as he follows Po to the kitchen.

Po opens a chest and picks up a paper lantern with a drawing of him and Mr. Ping on it. "Whoa, right on top! It's the sun lantern I made when I was a cub." Po said to his dad. "You know why it was on top, Po? Because I opened the box this summer just to look at it. I love Winter Festival so much, sometimes I just can't wait." Mr. Ping said to him. "I know, the decorations!" Po said to him while he hands the lantern to his dad. "The party games!" Mr. Ping yelled with a smile. "The dancing. Huh, Dad? The danciiiing!" Po yelled as he takes Mr. Ping and swings him around as the goose laughs then Po lets go. "Noodles!" Po yelled while Mr. Ping stumbles around dizzy and Po starts devouring a whole pot of noodles. Neither notices the sudden approach of Master Shifu and Jesse. "Morning, Dragon Warrior." Jesse said to him making Po drops the pot, mouth full, and turns. Po straightens and slurps down the remaining noodles. "I was just practicing my...empty belly defense." Po said to the two. "Mr. Ping, may we borrow Po for a moment?" Shifu asks him. "Well, actually, we're very busy decorating for the..." Mr. Ping said as Po walks over to Jesse and Shifu. "Holidays..." Mr. Ping said to him but his words go unnoticed as Shifu speaks to Po. "Po, I've come to talk to you about the Winter Feast at the Jade Palace. You will be--" Shifu said and Po cuts him off with excitement. "Becoming? The Winter Feast? With the kung fu masters from all the provinces?" Po asks them. "No, Po. You will not be invited." Shifu said to him making Po's face falls in disappointment. "You will be hosting." Jesse said to him. "Me? Ho-ho-hosting?" Po said to himself and he cheers a little. "Wonderful news, is it not? As the Dragon Warrior, this is one of your most critical duties." Shifu said to him. "Wow...Thank you, Shifu." Po said to him as the three walked outside while Mr. Ping listens in. "Po, this is a big opportunity for you. Your first time with all the kung fu masters." Jesse said to Po who nods. "The Winter Feast is legendary! I'll bet you got the best, biggest, brightest sun lanterns, and dancing--" Po said to her. "Po, stop, stop. This is the Winter Feast. It is perfection. Always elegant. Always formal. " Shifu said to him. "Awesome, awesome. I'm all about elegant. Fancy stuff, and fine dinin'..." Po said to him making Jessee look at Po. "You have some noodle in your neck fat." Jesse said to him. "Hmm? Oh." Po said then he notices it and eats the noodle. "What I am saying, Po, is that dancing and sun lanterns...those are common traditions." Shifu said to him while Mr. Ping walks over to them stopping by Jesse. "So common. I mean, dancing? Come on. Sun lanterns?" Po said then he blows raspberry. "Heh! Weak!" Po said then he turns to Mr. Ping, who looks less than thrilled. "Dad, isn't this great?" Po asks him making Mr. Ping laughs weakly then a pig villager approaches then. "Dragon Warrior! Please come quickly! There are bandits at the bridge!" The pig yelled. "What?" Po said then he readies his fists. "I'm on it." Po said to him then he turns to his dad. "See ya, Dad! Thanks again, Master Shifu!" Po yelled and he runs away with Jesse following him. Mr. Ping stutters as if to call after him, and turns to Shifu. "Mr. Ping." Shifu said making Mr. Ping look at him to see Shifu gesture in farewell and turns to leave. Mr. Ping takes a step as if to call after him as well, but he says nothing. He sighs as he stands alone in the noodle shop.

Po and Jesse run across the bridge then the two see the Furious Five in a fight. "Hey, guys!" Po yelled while Jesse jumps into the fight and she punches two of the boar bandits. "You excited about the Winter Feast? Guess what? Master Shifu just told me I'll be joining you this year." Po said to them then he pouches a boar. "The feast is intense! All the Masters at one table." Crane said to them. "For one perfect feast." Viper said to them while she hits a boar with her tail. "It's an honor to be invited!" Mantis said to them then he kicks a bandit. "Actually, I'm not just invited. Hyah!" Po said to them and he hits a bandit. "I'm hosting!" Po said to them suddenly the Furious Five stopped fighting. "What?!" The five yelled while looking at Po. "Wouldn't be my choice." A boar said to them making Jesse headbutts the boar bandit. "What?" Po said to them. "The feast at the palace is very..." Money said to him as he punches a boar in the face. "Elegant." Viper said to him while hitting the bandit with her tail. "It's a very, uh, sophisticated event." Mantis said to Po. "Why does everyone think I can't do sophisticated?" Po asks them while he temporarily KO the boar bandit by sitting on his neck. Po then looks at the warriors who was staring at him. "I...have no idea." Crane said to him. "It's just that we think maybe you could use a little help." Tigress said to him. "Tigress, I got this. It's a dinner, eating, entertainment. How much do you have to know?" Po asks her as the bandit Po knocked out gets up and so Po punches him in the face.