Chapter 19

Who knows the way of the universe? Where and when a raindrop might fall? How strongly a wind will blow?

As a green leaf flying in the wind and the leaf flies inside the village market and covers the eyes of one of the merchants, leading to a chain reaction of chaos. One of the merchants loses control over his wheelbarrow after being blinded by a leaf. Another merchant, Merchant #1, tosses a plate of lotus root with a knife stuck to it into the air as he avoids being hit by a rolling barrel and then catches it with ease.  "Whoa! I'll get it. Yeah! Whoa!" One of the Merchant said as another merchant, Merchant #2, has his head covered by a falling lantern - caused by Merchant #1's knife flying in the air. Merchant #2 accidentally hits a box of radishes. A radish falls from the box and keeps rolling down until it stops in front of Po.

Is it all just an accident? Or could it be destiny?

Po picks up the radish and cleans the dirt off it. "Nice! Radish." Po said then Po is interrupted from eating the radish when he hears Mr. Ping's voice. "Po! Help! Help me!" Mr. Ping yelled making Po quickly rushes into the noodle shop, knocking over the tables of a few customers along the way. "Sorry. Excuse me. Coming through!" Po yelled then he enters the kitchen door. "Dad! I'll protect you from that...pen?" Po said as he sees a pen in his dad's hand. "I need you to autograph your stuff." Mr. Ping said to him. "Stuff?" Po said confused as Mr. Ping hands him the pen. "Business has doubled since I turned your bedroom into a gift shop." Mr. Ping said to him. "Gift shop?" Po said to him. "Dragon Warrior souvenirs with every purchase." Mr. Ping calls out. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. You're selling my stuff?" Po asks him. "Oh no no no no." Mr. Ping said as a child stands on top of the kitchen counter, receiving his food order and a Dragon Warrior souvenir. "Oh boy, thank you!" The kid said then he walks away with it. "I'm giving it away." Mr. Ping said to him with a smile. "What?! What about my Furious Five figures? Where are they?" Po asks him. "I put them in the box over there." Mr. Ping said making Po pick it up. "This box?!" Po yelled making Mr. Ping turn to see the box was empty. "Uh...whoops." Mr. Ping said then Po yells dramatically. "No!" Po yelled as has he repeatedly bumps his head against the wall as he cries. "No." Po said to himself. "I'm sorry, Po." Mr. Ping said to him making Po look at him. "Dad, they're handmade scale replicas with Kung Fu action!" Po yelled making Mr. Ping rubs his wings together in guilt. "I made them the day I fell in love with Kung Fu. I have to find them!" Po yelled then he accidentally bumps against the kitchen door. "Ow!" Po yelled before opening the door and he runs away. "Po! It was an accident!" Mr. Ping yelled as Po enters the area. "Where are they?" Po asks himself and he starts searching inside every shop cart and every house nearest to him.

Accident? Or destiny? Little does Po know that it was just such an accident that brought the Furious Five together all those years ago. This is the story of how the warriors came to be.

Ten Years Earlier

Shifu and Tigress training outside of the Training Hall. "Straighten up!" Shifu orders her. "Yes, Master Shifu." Tigress said then Shifu shifts a part of Tigress' body after every ensuing command, progressively making her mimic his stance. "Wider! Lower stance. Hold your ground. Steady! Strong! Chin up! This is the way of Kung Fu." Shifu said to her. Jesse was sitting with Oogway who was drinking tea. "I can't even tell them apart." Oogway said to Jesse who nods a little. 

"Focus! Control!" Shifu yelled as Tigress blinks from the sight of leaves flying in the wind, quickly glances at her hyperactive tail, quickly flexes her ears, and growls as she quickly shows her teeth. Tigress then nervously looks at Shifu. "Control!" Shifu said to her as Tigress' pupils constrict. Tigress extends a palm instead of a fist then Tigress growls and then leaps into the air to break the leaves into tiny pieces. "Ah...there she is." Oogway said to Jesse who was watching Tigress. Tigress lands on all fours with ease. Tigress' pupils dilate back to normal. "What are you doing?! That's not proper form! This is not control! And stand on your feet!" Shifu yelled at her. "I'm sorry, master! I—I don't know what got into me. I won't let it happen again." Tigress said to him. "I wish I could believe that." Shifu said to her then he sighs in disappointment. "100 laps." Shifu said to her as he walks away. "Yes, Master Shifu." Tigress said to him then she gets ready to run. "Higher knees!" Shifu yelled at her. "Yes, Master Shifu!" Tigress yelled then she starts her run while Shifu walks to the Training Hall and sits near Oogway.