Chapter 9

Later, Po was at the Jade Palace with Shifu and Jesse walking inside of the Palace which is crowded with workers as part of preparations for the Feast. "There are eighteen gestures you must memorize for the right hand, nineteen for the left." Shifu said to Po. "Nineteen for the right, nineteen-- eighteen for the left..." Po said to himself while he, Shifu, and Jesse walk through the Palace, Shifu, and Jesse stopped, having met Feng, near the big table where all the Masters will meet during the Feast. "This is Feng, the Palace artist. He will do your official portrait." Jesse said to Po while Feng begins to make a portrait of Po. "Pleased to mee-- OW! What?" Po said as Feng gives to Po a portrait of him that he had just painted of Po talking to himself. "Okay, I'm gonna need a do-over. I think I was blinking." Po said to them as the three approach the table of the Masters, which has over a part of the necessary to set the table. "This is where you will seat all of the kung fu masters." Jesse said to Po. "My dad is gonna love this feast! You know, he's never even been to the Palace." Po said to himself making Jesse and Shifu stop walking near the table. "I am sorry, Po. There are no guests allowed." Shifu said to him and Jesse sees Po's face become sad by the news. "I can't bring my dad? But he's my dad. We always spend the holiday together." Po said to Shuif. "I understand, Po. I remember the day I departed my family and committed myself entirely to the duties of kung fu. You are the Dragon Warrior now, and therefore this is your duty above all other bonds." Shifu said to him then the three continue walking. "Now, in your quest for perfection, these instructions must be executed to the letter. Guard these scrolls containing..." Shifu said to Po who becomes overwhelmed and suddenly starts seeing various objects float around him some of them land into his arms. "The ancient recipes...flaked jasmine, never ground...learn to chant the traditional...greeting of the Masters...magnificent...the Golden Ladle. " Shifu said as objects get placed in Po's hands. "Wha...?" Po said to himself as Jesse walks over to Po with a box. "Po, hire a chef, present them with the Golden Ladle." Jesse said to him showing him the box. "Do you have any questions?" Shifu asks Po. "Uh-uh!" Po said to him. "Po, do not let me down." Shifu said to him and he turns and walks away. "Don't worry, Master Shifu, I got everything under controooll..." Po said to him as all the objects he had in his arms fall down, then Feng made a portrait of him while he started picking up the objects off from the ground.

Later in the Palace Arena. Po is sitting behind a table at the bottom of the stairs inside the Arena, with a line of chefs in front of him and some assistants at his side. "Po, we have brought you the finest chefs in China. You'll sample their dishes and make your choice." Jesse said to him. "Yeah!" Po said to her with a smile. "The chef you select will receive the Golden Ladle." Zeng said as an assistant show to Po the Golden Ladle. "Let us begin." Jesse said to them. "All righty." Po said to them. "Ahem, Master Po, I present Chef Wo Hop of the Heilongjiang Province." Zeng said as a small bunny walks up and places a basket of decorative vegetable salad on the table in front of Po. "Sir! It is a privilege for me and the citizens of my village to be considered for this great..." Wo Hop said to him while Wo Hop is talking, Monkey suddenly enters the door of the Palace Arena and waved to Po. "Hi, Po!" Monkey yelled making Po wave to Monkey. "Hey!" Po said to him then Wo Hop is suddenly dragged away viciously by two assistants. "What just happened?!" Po asks Jesse. "Oh, um, as host of the festival, every gesture of yours has meaning. You just gave him the ancient Hun Shu Wave of Dismissal." Jesse said to him. "The what? Is that a thing?! It doesn't even sound like a thing." Po said to Jesse while taking ahold of Jesse's arm. "He has brought great dishonor upon himself and his village, and they will be shamed for all of eternity." Zeng said to Po. "No, no. I was just waving to Monkey! Can't we just get the rabbit back?" Po asks Zeng. "Oh...You're serious? I'll, uh, ahem, I'll get the other chefs..." Zeng said to Po then he walks away. "Wow, this Feast is intense, right?" Po asks Jesse who nods a little. "And I just found out that I can't be with my dad..." Po said to her. "I know." Jesse said to him. "Wait a minute, of course. You're absolutely right!" Po said to her and he pulls Jesse closer to him. "I'll choose my dad! Then I'll get to spend the holiday with him. Brilliant! You are good. Come here, you little..." Po said to her and he hugs Jesse. "What is happening?" Jesse asks herself. "Okay, gotta get rid of these guys." Po said to himself then he walks away from Jesse and he walks down the line. "Hate the food, hate the food..." Po said to himself while Jesse follows him. Po begins to taste and judge the foods of the cooks. "Mmm! Huh? Oh, this...isn't really what we're looking for." Po said to the chef then he moves the chef continues tasting the food. "Po." Jesse calls him while Po takes the Golden Ladle from an assistant. "I will be right back." Po said to Jesse then he tasted most of the food take, who was following him. Po comes out from the Palace Arena while Jesse watches Po run down the stairs.