Chapter 3

The Valley of Peace

The next morning, the morning gong is rung in the bell tower. The second it rings, Shifu enters the hallway of the bunkhouse, and Jesse, the Five burst out of their rooms and stand outside their doors, ready for inspection. "Good morning master!" Shifu's students spoke simultaneously while one door remains closed. "Panda!" Shifu yelled but there was no answer, Shifu walks over to Po's room. "Panda, wake up!" Shifu yelled as he slides open Po's door. Then he chuckles when he sees the room was empty. "He's quit." Shifu said to himself very satisfied. 

Shifu walks with a bit more energy as he and the Five and Jesse approaches the training hall courtyard. Jesse looks over at Tigress who looks equally as pleased as Shifu. "What do we do now, Master? With the panda gone, who will be the Dragon Warrior?" Viper asks Shifu. "All we can do is resume our training and trust that in time, the true Dragon Warrior will be revealed." Shifu said to her as he opens the courtyard doors, only to find himself face-to-face with Po's butt. Shifu, Jesse, and the Five are taken aback. "What are you doing here?!" Shifu yelled at Po who was in the middle of the courtyard, his legs spread wide apart on two training horses. Po looks back over his shoulder to see Shifu, Jesse, and the Five staring at him. "Hey! Huh...Good morning, Master! I just thought I'd warm up a little." Po said then he tries to lift one leg but fails. "You're stuck." Jesse said to him. "Stuck?! Whaa? Pfft...stuck...does this look stuck to you...Yeah, I'm stuck." Po said to them. "Help him." Shifu said to Crane. "Oh, dear." Crane said to himself as he approaches, gingerly grabs Po's waistband, and attempted to pull him up by flapping his wings. "Maybe on three. One. Two-" Po said as Crane pulls him up and Po flops onto his back. "Thank you." Po said to him as he gets up. "Don't mention it." Crane said to him. "No really, I appreci—" Po said to him making Crane cut him off. "Ever." Crane said to him making Po falls silent as Crane returns to stand by the group. "You actually thought you could learn to do a full split in one night? It takes years to develop one's flexibility..." Shifu said to him as he flings two boards into the air, and Tigress steps forwards. "And years longer to apply it in combat." Shifu said to him and he snaps his fingers. Instantly, Tigress leaps up and executes a perfect split kick, Po was awestruck. Tigress lands in front of Po, Tigress glare at Po and returns to Shifu's side. The broken chunks of board land all around Po, a large one knocking him on the head. Po picks up the splintered board and hides it behind his back. "Put that down! The only souvenirs we collect here are bloody knuckles and broken bones." Shifu said to him. "Yeah, excellent!" Po said while he chucks away the chunk. "Let's get started." Shifu said to him and he snaps his fingers. The Furious Five and Jesse gather in a line in the courtyard and Viper and Po face off. "Are you ready?" Viper asks Po. "I was born ready—" Po said to him then Viper lashes out with her tail, flings Po into the air, and brings him crashing back down on his head. "OW! Oh..." Po said in pain. "I'm sorry, brother! I thought you said you were ready." Viper said to him. "That was awesome! Let's go again." Po said then he salutes making. Irritated, Shifu snaps making Jesse walk over to Po and she throws him a wooden sword. Jesse twirls her wooden sword before hitting Po with the wooden sword on his body. Po, on the other hand, was too busy watching her that Jesse takes him down easily. Jesse looks over at Shifu who snaps then Monkey was up and twirls a bamboo staff. Monkey lunges at Po who also wields a staff and Po takes a comical beating as he did with Jesse. Po and Crane prepare to spar atop the turtle bowl. CRASH. Po falls in and is tossed around like a sack of soup. Crane hovers above the bowl and looks to Shifu who was angry, Shifu snaps. Later the sun was setting while Po was falling on his face at the work of some invisible opponent, who turns out to be...Mantis. Shifu smiles while Po was flat on his back, Po manages a salute. This time, Shifu has had it. "I've been taking it easy on you, panda, but no more! Your next opponent...will be me." Shifu said to Po. "Alright! Yeah, let's go!" Po said with a smile while Shifu's students' exchanged worried looks as Po and Shifu faced off. "Step forth." Shifu said to him, Po doesn't even finish the step as Shifu whirls him around with no effort and throws him to the floor pinning his arm behind him. "The true path to victory is to find your opponent's weakness and make him suffer for it." Shifu said to him. "Oh ho, yeah!" Po said in pain but delighted then Shifu throws Po around again. "To take his strength and use it against him." Shifu said to Po as he kicks Po repeatedly in the face. Shifu throws Po to the floor again and grips Po by the nose. "Until he finally falls, or quits." Shifu said to him. "But a real warrior never quits. Don't worry, Master, I will never quit!" Po yelled totally inspired. At his breaking point, Shifu flings Po into the air and then leaps at him with a flying kick. Po crashes out of the door and tumbles down the steps while the warriors walk outside and watch him fall. "If he's smart, he won't come back up those steps." Tigress said to them. "But he will." Jesse said to her while Tigress walks back inside. "He's not gonna quit, is he?" Viper asks her friends. "He's not gonna quit bouncin', I'll tell ya that." Mantis said to them and he begins laughing, but Viper silences him with a stern hiss while Po yells in the distance as he continues to tumble.