Chapter 13

Inside The Palace Atrium

Shen practices his words for his first meeting with Po. He threateningly points his lance at an imaginary panda. "Greetings, panda! At last we meet!" Shen said to no one then he falters. "Oh, no no no no no..." Shen said to himself then he acrobatically flips about before pointing his lance in another direction. "We meet at last! Yes! That's it! Greetings, panda! We meet at la-" Shen said then he  stops short when he ends up pointing his lance at the Soothsayer, who has appeared out of nowhere. "You are afraid for a reason." Soothsayer said to him. "I'm not afraid. He's coming to me in chains! If anyone should be afraid, its..." Shen said to her. "You." Soothsayer said to him cutting him off. Shen looks at her...then quickly yanks his robes out of her reach. "Don't you even think about it." Shen said to her. 

Outside, the captured warriors are being lead across the palace courtyard then Tigress turns to Po. "I hope this turns out better than your plan to cook rice in your stomach by eating it raw and then drinking boiling water..." Tigress said to Po making Jesse look at her. "What have you guys been doing while I was away?" Jesse asks them. "This plan is nothing like that plan." Po said to her. "How?" Tigress asks him. "Cause this one's going to work." Po said to her suddenly looses his footing. Po quickly see that he has stumbled on the edge of a huge crater...with Thundering Rhino's damaged hammer standing on the other end like a macabre memorial. The warriors stare in horror as Boss Wolf mockingly pats the hammer's staff, chuckling. "Keep moving." Boss Wolf said to them. The warriors narrow their eyes as they are lead inside the tower. Po spots something unseen in front of them. "Ah...my old enemy..." Po said as the group looks up to see an enormous staircase leading all the way to the top. "Stairs." Po said to himself. "What?" Jesse said to him making Po look at her. "I am not good with stairs." Po said to her. "Okay, I need to know that story." Jesse said to him as the group walks up the stairs.

In the throne room, Shen, Soothsayer and a gorilla soldier nervously await Po's arrival. They see a hulking shadow moving up the stairs...hear him grunting with each thundering step...Shen unsheathes a knife slightly...Soothsayer looks on expectantly...the shadow nears the top of the stairs...Po emerges...being carried on a gorilla's back like a sack of rice. He flings the panda on the floor as Boss Wolf and the other warriors also reach the top of the stairs. "Thanks for...carrying me those last few flights..." Po said to them while Jesse helps him up as Shen and Soothsayer look on, astonished. Boss Wolf points a spear at Tigress making her kicks it out of his paws and into a pillar. "I threw up a little on the third floor, someone might want to clean that up. Is there some sort of evil janitor or somethin'?" Po asks them. "Maybe." Jesse said to him. "Greetings, panda! We meet at-" Shen said...

"Hey, how you doin'?"

Po said to him coughing Shen off guard. "Hey..." Shen said to him as Soothsayer approaches Po and pokes him gently in the belly. "You've grown up bigger than I thought..." Soothsayer said to Po as she examines the panda, looking inside a confused Po's ear as she does so. "Strong..." Soothsayer said as she  opens his mouth and peers inside. "Healthy." Soothsayer said to Jesse who smiles at her. "Look, I don't know who you are, but please step aside, sir." Po said to her. "Po, that's a lady." Jesse said to him making Po do a double take. "Oh, sorry! The beard threw me... it's kind of misleading..."  Po said to her while Soothsayer strokes her beard, amused. "False advertising..." Po said to her. "You didn't tell me that he was adorable." Soothsayer said to Jesse. "Oops." Jesse said to her. "Enough of this nonsense! Bring the prisoners to me." Shen said to them then the warriors were led further into the throne room. "Get ready, guys. Keep your eyes peeled for the...weapon!" Po yelled as he spots a tiny model of the cannon on a table. Quick as lightning, Po charges at the model and destroys it with a swing. The Five and Jesse stare at him mortified as Crane even pulls down his hat in shame while Soothsayer is perplexed. "Yes! We did it! Did you guys see that? Wahoooo..." Po said then the triumphant panda turns...and finds himself standing in front of the giant cannon in the middle of the room. The Five and Jesse are shoved next to him as Shen approaches, laughing. "You really think that this is the warrior destined to defeat me?" Shen asks Soothsayer. "I do not...I know he is." Soothsayer said to him with a smile. Shen laughs as he steps closer to Po. "Look at him! A lifetime to plot his revenge and he comes to me on his knees!" Shen said making Po's eyes widened. "Hey, wait, I did not have a lifetime...Woah, woah, woah. We did not have a lifetime. We only heard about Master Thundering Rhino a few days ago, and we came to avenge him!" Po yelled making Soothsayer frowned as she steps towards the warrior confused. "You've come to avenge nothing else?" Soothsayer asks him making Po nod as Shen glares. "Yeah, all those pots and pans you stole- we're going to want those back!" Po yelled again making Soothsayer leaned back slightly with worry in her eyes. "Nothing else?" Soothsayer asks him again. "You probably did some other evil stuff on the way, I don't know, what else did he do?" Po asks her while Viper sticks her tail into Tigress' cuffs and starts picking the lock. "You don't know..." Soothsayer said to him with a shock look. "Know what?" Jesse asks Soothsayer then Shen laughs. "What's so funny?" Po asks Shen who leans close. "Precisely the thing... that you clearly do not know!" Shen yelled making Po throw his head back. "Okay, enough with these riddles!" Po yelled annoyed making Jesse look at him. "Would you guys just spill the beans?! First the weapon was tiny- hey surprise, it's big! And then the lady over here- I think is a guy 'cause she's got a..." Po said then as quick as a flash, Shen aims a knife in Po's face, shutting him up. "The only reason you're still alive is that I find your stupidity...mildly amusing." Shen said to Po. "Well, thank you, but I find your evilness extremely annoying." Po said to him making Shen glared at him. "Who do you think you are, panda?" Shen asks him making Po squinted his eyes at Shen. "Who do you think I am, peacock?" Po asks him making Shen chuckle...Po chuckles back...soon both panda and peacock are laughing their heads off as the Five and Jesse look on, flabbergasted. "Why are we laughing?" Po asks him as Shen's face straight emotionless almost as he move back away from Po. "Take aim." Shen said to Boss Wolf.