~7~

Lan Zhan looked at Wei Ying in the eyes. Wei Ying looked at him confused.

    "Something the matter?" He asked.

    Lan Zhan slowly shook his head "Nothing..." He said.

    "Oh, okay" He said.

    "You must be hungry, let's go eat" Lan Zhan said, pulling Wei Ying to the kitchen with him.

    Wei Ying's eyes widened a bit.

    'Shit, what am I going to do?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Everyone sat at the table eating the delicious food both Mrs. Lan and Jiang Yanli made. Everyone ate happily, and with the Lan's eating in a proper way thanks to the rules they live by. Wei Ying normally would've devoured his food. But he remembered what Wen Qing said.

    He had to try to avoid human food as much as possible, as it would taste like shit to him now.

    "You okay Wei Ying?" Cangse asked, placing a loving hand on her son's shoulder.

    Wei Ying looked at her "O-oh I'm fine, it's just..." He didn't know what to say.

    "Is the food not to your liking?" Mrs Lan asked.

    "I made sure I added extra spices to you and Jiang Cheng's dishes" Mrs Lan quickly added.

    Wei Ying had to come up with something quick, everyone was looking at him. Wei Ying quickly placed a hand on his stomach.

    "My stomach just feels a bit weird, that's all" He said.

    "Try to eat as much as you can, okay?" Changze asked.

    Wei Ying nodded, he picked up a small portion of his food, and placed it in hos mouth. Thanks to how small it was, he could barely taste how disgusting it was. He swallowed it and smiled.

    "It's very good!" He said.

    Both Mrs Lan and Jiang Yanli smiled "That's good to hear!" Jiang Yanli said.

    As everyone went back to eating, Wei Ying couldn't miss the suspicious look Xue Yang gave him. Wei Ying raised an eyebrow. Xue Yang shook his head and went back to eating. Although, as normal, he ate slowly. 

    Wei Ying did the same, but in small bites. By the tenth bite in, his tongue had gone numb to the horrid taste, so he was able to eat bigger bites, which made Mrs Lan happy, knowing that Wei Ying probably felt a bit better. 

    But that wasn't the case at all. His poor tongue had just gone numb and he couldn't taste the food anymore. So it was easier for him to eat faster. 

    Everyone had finished eating and Wei Ying was in the kitchen with Jiang Cheng doing dishes, since they volunteered to do so. It was a peaceful quiet as one would call it. The others were outside relaxing in the sun.

    "Wei Ying?" Jiang Cheng asked.

    "Yes?" Wei Ying asked.

    "I'm thinking of becoming a ghoul investigator." He said.

    Wei Ying froze, that would mean both he and Wei Ying would become enemies. Wei Ying faced him.

    "Why?" He asked.

    "If you remember the little 'meeting' we had earlier, you'd know why" He said.

    "But isn't that dangerous?" he asked.