~36~

Lan Yuan just spoke in his usual baby talk. Wei Ying smiled more to him.

    "I swear, if that child grows to be like you, expect to find my corpse in the bottom of a cliff" He said.

    "Rude, I think he'll turn out just fine" Wei Ying said, sticking his tongue out to Jiang Cheng.

    "Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess" Jiang Cheng said.

     Wei Ying just rolled his eyes at his brother and went back to cooing at the baby. Lan Zhan smiled at the sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Time skip since I didn't have any idea on what to do there. How long is the time skip? Some years, ig...]

     During the years.... It was magical for everyone, Lan Yuan had grown up to be an independent young man, everywhere he walked, he made others feel calm just with his calming smile. Along with Jin Ling, who was only a year younger than him.

    Both grew up to be the best of friends, Jin Ling was more of a "I don't give a fuck what you say or think" type of personality, but he had a soft spot for his entire family. He especially had a soft spot for Lan Yuan, considering he grew up with the lad. 

    Lan Zhan and Jiang Cheng had told the boys about ghouls and what they can do to avoid a ghoul, and what to do if one was near them. Wei Ying and Xue Yang haven't told Lan Yuan and Jin Ling about them being ghouls yet. They weren't ready to tell them yet. No one can blame them.

    But oh how the years went by, they both were already attending high school together. Wei Ying and Jin Yanli held onto each other as they cried when both Jin Ling and Lan Yuan walked off.

    "Quit being such a baby" Jiang Cheng said to Wei Ying.

    "B-But they were just a baby just yesterday it seems" Wei Ying said.

    "I miss when they were so small and cuddly" Jin Yanli said. 

    Lan Zhan watched as the 2 boys walked together to school. He remembered when he and his friends were walking to school together, now... They were all grown up, and leading their own lives. 

    To be honest, he missed when he was younger, now that he thinks about it, he wouldn't change a thing about the past, sure there were some downfalls, but in the end... It all was okay in the end. 

    "Oi, Wei Ying!" Xue Yang kicked Wei Ying in the back of the knee, making poor Wei Ying fall.

    He let go of Jin Yanli, so she wouldn't fall with him.

    "Ow, the fuck do you want?" Wei Ying asked.

    "I'm hungry, let's go hunt tonight" He said.

    Jin Yanli smiled, she was glad that they were now comfortable talking about them being ghouls around them now.

    "Fine" Wei Ying said, standing up.

    "Besides, I'm running low" He said.

    "Anyways, let's all go back inside" Jin Zixuan said.

    They all nodded and followed her inside. 

[With Jin Ling and Lan Yuan]

    They were walking to school.

    "Hey, did our parents really go to this school?" Jin Ling asked.