~9~

"I have a question!" He said.

    "Uh.... Okay? What is it?" Wen Qing asked.

    "Since you performed surgery on me, you saw my entire stomach did you?" Wei Ying asked.

   "Yes I did as I had to replace it, why what's wrong?" She asked.

    "Do I or do I not have a uterus?!" He asked.

   There was silence on the other end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     There was silence for a long moment. Until Wei Ying spoke again.

     "Well? Do I or do I not?" He asked.

     "Uh.... May I ask why you are asking such a weird and out-of-the blue question?"  Wen Qing asked.

     Wei Ying began to explain what had just gone down. Once he was finished, he heard Wen Qing laughing her ass off.

     "Hey, are you going to answer me or not? My father has me in a panicked state!" Wei Ying said, with a little red on his face.

     Wen Qing calmed her laughing fit and he heard her sigh.

     "I-I'm sorry, it's just that is the most brilliant thing I've heard in my entire life, but to answer your question, no, you don't have one from what I saw, but if you want I can give you one!"  She said as she got into another laughing fit.

    Wei Ying rolled his eyes, but he was relieved that he didn't have one.

    "But in all seriousness, if if you did have one, you wouldn't be able to have kids unless it was with another ghoul" Wen Qing said.

    Wei Ying raised an eyebrow "How come?" He asked.

    "Try to guess when a ghoul and a human try to have kids" Wen Qing said. 

     Wei Ying was in a thought "Normally, wouldn't they have a hybrid? Like a mix between the two?" He asked.

    "False, guess again" Wen Qing said.

     Wei Ying went deeper in thought "Then whose ever genes are the strongest? For example, the ghoul has the stronger genes, so the child would be a ghoul?" He asked.

    "No, you would just get a corpse, a dead baby" Wen Qing said.

    Wei Ying was a bit taken back by the answer "M-may I ask why that happens?" He asked.

    Wen Qing sighed over the phone "Well, this is a simple answer as to why that is, human mothers cannot carry a ghoul father's offspring because the ghoul child will not get the "essential nutrients" needed for it to survive and hence dies in the womb and ghoul mothers cannot carry a human offspring because her body will mistake the baby for nutrients and absorb it, that's why, humans mate with humans, as ghouls mate with other ghouls" Wen Qing said.

    "Oh, I see" Wei Ying felt bad for the human and ghoul couples who tried and terribly failed.

    "But, if certain rare conditions are met, ghouls and humans may even be able to have offspring, I wouldn't know, it happened once and that was way back in ancient china, that't how the myths of half ghouls are from, the offspring this lucky couple had" Wen Qing said.

    "But aren't I technically a half ghoul?" Wei Ying whispered, very carefully that even the Lan's couldn't hear him.

     "You are, just not by birth, there are half ghouls out there by surgery, you are one of them but a half ghoul by birth, only happened once in all of history" Wen Qing said.