~15~

Lan Zhan buried his face in the crook of Wei Ying's neck. Wei Ying rested his chin on Lan Zhan's shoulder as he hugged him back.

    "I promise, I'll be safe" He said.

      Wei Ying felt a mix of emotions, sadness, anger, and hope. Wei Ying couldn't hold back his ghoul eye and it showed. Wei Ying widened his eyes, and as Lan Zhan pulled away, Wei Ying hugged him again, wrapping his arms around his neck, burying his own face in the crook of Lan Zhan's neck.

    'Don't look at my face while my eye is out' Wei Ying thought.

    Lan Zhan gladly hugged Wei Ying, wrapping his arms around Wei Ying's waist. They both were comfortable. Wei Ying felt safe, which made his eye turn normal again. But they just continued to hug, loving the feeling of being in each other's arms. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Wei Ying had fallen asleep from the warmth and Lan Zhan had to catch him before he fell on the ground. Lan Zhan smiled a bit to himself, he carried Wei Ying, and grabbed both of their bags, and he walked out of the school.

     Lan Zhan liked this, holding Wei Ying as he slept, Lan Zhan couldn't have asked for more. As he walked past the park area, he saw that guy Wei Ying hung around yesterday. The guy saw Lan Zhan holding Wei Ying and he smiled.

    Lan Zhan shot him a glare that said "Mine only, fuk off" in which, the guy had a surprised look on his face. But he smiled with a thumbs up, as if supporting them. Lan Zhan snapped his head away and just walked off. 

    He went to drop Wei Ying off at his house first. He knocked on the door with his foot since his hands are full. Changze opened the door and was surprised to see Lan Zhan, holding a sleeping Wei Ying in his arms.

    "Uh... What happened here?" He asked.

    "He fell asleep" He said.

    "I can see that-never mind, bring him in" Said Changze as he moved out of the way.

    "Mn" Lan Zhan walked in and Cangse saw the scene and she giggled silently to herself.

    Lan Zhan walked into Wei Ying's room, and the first thing he saw was that broken alarm clock Wei Ying still needed to replace. He ignored it and carefully set the bags down, and placed Wei Ying on his bed. But Wei Ying's sleeping body quickly latched onto Lan Zhan's sleeve, as if telling him to not go. 

     But Lan Zhan had to get home, if he didn't need to go, he'd gladly stay, but he needs to talk to his parents about becoming a Dove. He removed Wei Ying's hand and walked away.

    "Thanks for bringing him home Lan Zhan" Said Cangse.

    "Mn" He said as he grabbed his bag.

    He started to walk home. He was mentally preparing himself for what was about to come. You never know, things might turn out horribly. 

     After a week went by, things were normal, Wei Ying had introduced his new friends to Jiang Cheng, Jiang Yanli, Xue Yang, Jin Zixuan, Lan Xichen, and Lan Zhan. Every now and then, they all would hang out. But the others don't know about the four of them being immortals, they all just think they are regular people.

     It was some great times, a lot of happiness, chaos, and..... Whatever a large group of friends do that's fun and legal.

     Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli arrived home after school one day, and Jiang Fengmian gave Jiang Cheng a letter.