Friday night frights (Part 4)

Y/n POV

Lagoona and I stood next to a sitting Robecca with excited smiles on our faces.

"Robecca Steam?" Lagoona repeated in disbelief.

"Wow. The first girl to ever play Scream, right here in front of us." I squealed excitedly.

"Happy to be here." Robecca smiled at us. "The last thing I remember, I was racing against the Gargoyles. Two of them came right at me, and then lights out." She explained to us. She then looked at our uniforms and grinned. "Wow! All of you girls play too?" She asked us in awe. "How exciting! Times sure have changed since my day." She chuckled out.

"Mmm. Not really. We're the only team with girls in the league." Frankie sighed out in sadness.

"And we have to win all of our remaining games." Lagoona explained to the ghoul.

"If we don't, our school will fall apart." I frowned in thought. We suddenly heard Draculaura whimpering in sadness.

Just thinking about it makes it all the more sad. "It's all my fault. I'm holding everyone back." She blamed herself making me look at her in worry.

"No. It's not you, it's me. I didn't train you girls hard enough." Clawd said, redirecting the blame on himself. "Starting today, you're gonna be in the gym and on your skates for 6 hours every practice. 7 practices a day! 9 days a week! It's not even mathematically possible! I call it 'BEAST MODE'." He ranted. He was crazy to think we were going to do all that. Well, not me at least.

"Will that work?" Draculaura asked, sniffling a bit.

"Ha! No." Robecca laughed out a response.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Why not?" It worked for the boys team." Clawd told her with a questionable stare.

"I tried to beat the boys by playing like them. I wasn't true to myself and... look what happened to me." She explained to us. "So, if you wanna beat the boys... you gotta play like girls." She winked encouragingly at us.

We all started agreeing with what she said. "Oh, my gosh! Robecca, you wanna join us?" Frankie as the ghoul with anticipation.

"I don't know. I'm a little rusty." She chuckled out, unsure if she should join.

"Come on! You're Robecca Steam!" Draculaura encouraged her.

"I guess I could try." She smiled shyly. Soon enough she stood up and made steam come out of the soles of her boots. She started to float away but soon fell down after a couple of steps.

We gasped and quickly skated towards her to see if she was all right. "I'm still missing my balance module." She told us as Lagoona and I helped her up. "I guess I can't help you girls after all." She sighed out in dismay.

"Actually, you already have." Frankie smiled at her.

...

We threw our uniforms on a pile in the girls locker room. Claws was in the boy's locker room since we were changing already.

Cleo and I pitched in to buy some new uniforms for the team. And let me tell you, they are awesome!

 And let me tell you, they are awesome!