2.nightmares

Flashs. Gunfires. Screams. Cries. This is all Lola was perceiving while watching the memos from soldiers, scientists and mercenaries recorded during the battles her people had fought against the Na'vi. All for what? Rare resources sold millions of dollars on Earth. They had completely diverged from their original mission. The mission Lola thought she was going to be a part of when coming to Pandora. Finding a place where humans could live when they could not stay on Earth anymore. A place where they could live with the locals, learn to live like them and rebuild. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" A corporal was standing in the door frame of the office she was in. She wasn't supposed to be there. She souldn't have access to these images. She was supposed to believe the bullshit they were telling her and the other students on the base. 
Lola froze. She didn't expect to get caught. She had spent days studying the corporals' rounds to get a chance to access this office and find evidence of what she has suspected for months. She wanted to warn the right people on Earth. People who could make a difference. All this for nothing because now she had to deal with one. 

"Come with me now." The caporal was getting closer, his right hand on his gun attached to his belt. The young woman didn't know what to do. She could follow him saying nothing or try to escape when she could. The second option looked like the best as it wasn't the first time she was caught doing something forbidden. She was facing big troubles. Maybe would they decide to send her back to Earth.
As the man was reaching for his gun, she got up quickly, afraid of what he might do. "Okay okay, I'm coming." She followed him outside of the office and they walked through the grey, soulless corridors of the base, where soldiers, scientists and politicians shared space all day long, deciding the future of the Na'vi without asking their opinion.

She quickly guessed that the corporal was taking her to the sergeant's office. A real viper who only liked missions involving combat. He didn't care about the local population, their well-being and their living environment. Only money mattered.
To get to his office, they had to go through the helicopter base. The man handed him an oxygen mask before opening the door. As they reached the middle of the helipad, Lola had a reflex that she still did not understand. She drew on the combat knowledge she had learned in training to come to Pandora. She threw her foot against the back of the corporal's knee as he walked in front of her, knocking him off balance. "What the ..." He didn't have the time to finish as Lola ran towards a helicopter being prepared to take off. "Come back here!" She didn't listen. The pilot was getting in the cockpit and the blades started to turn, meaning they were going to go at any moment. She heard the corporal running behind her as she jumped on the helicopter hoping that nobody was on board and that the pilot didn't notice the crazy man shouting at him. She even felt a bullet graze her head.

***

Lola woke up from this nightmare. Noticing that she was still sitting on the tree, surounded by nature now bathed in sunlight, she remembered that this nightmare was actually a memory, that she really did run away from her people and that she was all alone in the forest. Not knowing where to go our how to survive. 

Author's note
Here is the second chapter :) tell me what you think about the start of this adventure and don't hesitate to vote and comment if you like it!