24.all good

Spider hoped off of the ikran. Kiri did not leave the time to the young man to make a step that she threw herself on him, wrapping her arms around him, almost choking him. "You scared me you skxawng." 

"I missed you too Kiri." Spider was trying his best to catch his breath. The young Na'vi's concern warmed his heart. After Jake's pride, another member of his family was showing him affection. Kiri didn't seem to want to let him go and Spider had to push her away in order not to die. "How did it go?" Neytiri had arrived next to them, kissing her husband on the lips and resting her forehead on his, releived to see them in one piece. Holding her in his arms, Jake smiled at the young man. "He did an amazing job. Now we just have to wait for a sign." The woman turned her face towards him and smiled at him. "That's good." He knew it was the best acknowledgement he would get from her but he was fine with that. 

In the evening they all sat down to dinner and listened to Spider telling all about the operation. Even Neteyam who had left Lola's side to greet his friend, happy to see him again. He told them how he walked around the base, hid the evidence and ran for his life when the soldier had chased him. Tuk laughed at this part, imagining the boy. 
Jake observed his family, a fatherly look on everyone. He was happy that everything was back to normal. Yes, a soldier had seen them, but he doubted that his superiors would believe him, knowing that they had been careful not to be seen by any cameras. So there was very little chance that reprisals would reach them. Spider looked more alive than ever, narrating his adventure. He had something to be proud of and Jake was relieved that he was finally finding his place among them.

All of a sudden, Tuk let the piece of meat she was about to put into her mouth fall out of her hand and back on the leaf she was using as a plate looking above Neteyam who was facing her. "Tuk?" Lo'ak was surprised by her action. "What's wrong?" The young Na'vi couldn't find words to explain her shock. Everyone looked at her, waiting for her to say something. The boy frowned and turned around as he was seated next to his brother. He pretty much had the same reaction as his sister. A weak voice was then to be heard and all heads turned towards it except for Neteyam who froze. "I'm not expected for dinner anymore?" Lola was standing at the entrance of the hut. She had been moved to the lab for Norm and Max to keep a better eye on her. And now, here she was, on her feet. Her blue complexion was pale and she had to lean against the door frame to keep from falling, but she was there, standing alive before them. Surprisingly, it was Neytiri who got up first and almost ran towards her to give her support. "Lola! You shouldn't be up, you're still very weak." 

"I wanted to surprise you." Her voice was a whisper. Talking cost her a lot. She had to think about the words before she could speak them, as if her brain was waking up from a long sleep and needed time to remember the simple things. "And that's a very good surprise!" The Sullys still shocked by the scene before their eyes had still not moved. Kiri was the first one to come to her senses and to move towards Lola, taking her gently in her arms. They were soon all up, greeting her one after the other, genuinely happy to see the young woman awake. "Welcome back Lola." Jake put his hands on her shoulders, a reassuring smile on his face. Tuk hugged her leg so tightly that it began to feel numb. Lo'ak and Spider hugged her as well. 

Only Neteyam hadn't moved, still thinking that if he turned around, Lola would in reality only be a mirage and would evaporate. He kept his head down,  his ears moving listening to unsure steps coming his way. He felt someone crouching down behind him, two hands touching his shoulders and coming down on his chest a head soon resting on his back. He could smell her corporal sent, sweet like the flowers Tuk and her used to pick up together. 

He couldn't control himself, the boy bursted out crying, big tears falling down his cheeks taking away the fear and the worry he had felt for three days straight. He reached for the hands and took them in his, watching their fingers intertwine holding them like his life depended on it. The small voice of his mate rose from behind his back: "I need to see you." Listening to her, he turned around slowly and he saw her. Big yellow eyes and long eyelashes, long and thin face, full lips. He felt her fingers wandering over his face, as if to make sure that it was really him. They did not notice that the whole family had slipped away, leaving them to their reunion.

He needed to feel her. Bringing his face closer to hers, he placed a soft kiss on her lips. A wave of heat spread through his body. Through their bodies. It was as if they had been craving each other and the withdrawal had suddenly ended, giving them back their drug. They were complete again. "You're home." Their forehead touched and eyes closed, they breathed in unison. "I am." 

"What happened?" Puting away but still holding his arms, not wanting let go, Lola told Neteyam about the questioning of Eywa. "When she was satisfied by my answers, she told me that I could pass. There was a big bright light and then everything went dark. I was expecting to wake up under the tree of souls, I don't know how much time passed."

"There was an attack. Sky people took your human body. They broke the link, we thought that maybe you weren't going to survive. It's been three days." She opened her eyes wide. "Three days? Wait, did Spider...?" He lovingly stroked her hair, smiling. "He did. Everything's fine." Lola breathed out, releived. She then was hit with realization. "Wait. They took my human body? Does that mean...?"

"You're a Na'vi now." A big smile stretched Neteyam's lips. She was like him now. They were going to be able to live their lives together to the fullest. No more changing bodies, no more questioning their legitimacy. She had been accepted by his people. She smiled back. "So... we can move forward now?" The boy nodded his head positively. 

"We can. Towards love."

Author's note
So this is the last chapter of this time period. We are now going to jump ahead of time to follow the rest of the story. I could write another book but I prefer to do it in a row to make it easier.
The characters will be older and other stories will be exploitable. I can't wait for you to read what's coming!
Don't forget to vote and comment :)