17.decisions

They all were gathered in the Sully's hut. Neytiri had a closed face. As if she was holding back from making a derogatory comment. Kiri and Spider were holding hands as if to reassure each other. Lo'ak, Neteyam and Lola sat side by side waiting for a verdict they were dreading. Jake's eyes were fixed on the colonel spitting his venom at the tablet screen. Only Tuk had not been allowed to attend the meeting, too small to handle the situation. Norm was keeping an eye on her in the lab.

Hearing the Colonel's voice, Lola got sick again. Neteyam took her hand to show her that he was there for her. When the video ended, Jake looked at the three of them.

"If you only have five days, I guess that's when the next ship is leaving." Lola nodded her head. "So, if I get this right, you need to put the evidence on this very same ship without being caught and stay stuck in it not able to come back." Lola nodded her head again. Neteyam took offense. "That's too risky!"

"I don't think we have a choice son. That's the only way she can send the evidence to have a change for her teacher to find them. I don't know how we could make sure that she won't be sent back."

"Then we'll do this together." Neytiri groaned.

Spider spoke for the very first time. "I can put the evidence on the ship." Kiri gasped at this suggestion. "Why would you do that?" Spider shrugged. "They would recognise all of you and I am the only one with a human form besides Lola." 

"You need to know the danger that puts you in Spider." Jake didn't want him to do it just to prove his worth to them. "I do. But I am the one with the most chances to make this a success and you know it." Kiri really didn't seem to agree with the way things were going. She was obviously the one who cared the most about the young man. But she knew that nobody would hold him back and he would not listen to her. "Thank you Spider." He nodded in Lola's direction showing that he knew she was grateful.

"We'll discuss this in detail later. That doesn't solve the fact that if they catch Lola, they would put her in this ship as well." 

"There's a solution." Neteyam had talked with a shy voice. As if he didn't know if it was a good idea or not. Everyone's head turned in his direction. "We could transfer Lola's mind into her Na'vi body for good. That way, sky people couldn't send her back to Earth. They wouldn't have any means of pressure. They would be forced to leave her alone."

Neytiri stood up. It was clear that she was losing her temper. "We are not going against nature more than these sky people are already doing with their avatars."

"Mom, Lola is a real Na'vi! She is like dad! You did the mind transfer with him and you're in love with him. If you reject her because of that, then you should reject him as well." His mother was fuming. Neteyam didn't rebel that way often. He would only do it for things he cared about very much. And his reaction showed that he wasn't planning on letting Lola go.

"Your father saved our people for the dreamwalkers. He had proven his worth to Eywa by becoming Toruk Makto and saving our people."

"Well guess what, Lola has been approved by Eywa as well!" The boy turned towards the young woman. "Tell them Lola. Tell them about the vision you had when you made Tsaheylu with the tree of souls."

All the heads now turned towards Lola. Jake came closer. "What did you see?" The young woman was intimidated by all this sudden attention. "... I saw Eywa."

"That's impossible." Neytiri hissed.

"It's true! She told me that I was home and that the Na'vi accepted me with them." The tension visible in Neytiri's muscles eased. Jake took his wife's hand to make her sit next to him. "The ancestors approved her worth. We can't go against it." 

"Mom please. You know it's the only way." Neteyam squeezed Lola's hand tighter. He didn't want to let go of her afraid that if he did, she might disappear. His mother saw that. She knew the feeling because she had experienced it with Jake. That feeling of having found THE person even though he was a bit different and the situation was more complicated than normal. "We'll discuss with the others. Everyone has to be okay with it." 

A big smile appeared on Neteyam's face warming Lola's heart. There was hope that everything would work out in the end. "Thank you. To the both of you. Having your back means a lot. I will be grateful for life for all the help you give me. I see you." Neytiri frowned but said nothing, making the recognition movement as well. "That's a start" Lola thought, releived.

Author's note
This one is shorter but I wanted it to be about only one scene. 
Do you think that Neytiri will accept Lola? I am cusious to know what you think.
Don't forget to vote and comment :)