38.return

During the next few days, Neteyam and Lola had to take care of so many things that they didn't have time for their family. Informing Neytiri of the message they received had been the hardest part. Even Jake found it difficult to explain the situation to her because he knew very well the reaction his mate would have. And indeed, she shouted, insulted and even tried to destroy a couple of trunks from their home. Lola had never seen her mother-in-law in such a state. It was clear that they were tired of living in fear and the young woman promised herself that she would not let Neteyam's parents get involved in another war. He would take the lead and do everything she could to protect her clan. And she knew that Neteyam would help her.  

They then had to talk to the village for eveyone to prepare in case of new attacks. They saw tired eyes, angry looks and defeated attitudes. Lola felt bad. She had been a part of this once, not knowing what the Na'vi were living. She had been oblivious and blamed herself for not looking into the military projects earlier. 

Sylwanin and Ozai stayed mostly with Tuk who was more than happy to take care of her nephews while the "old people" (that was her saying) were figuring things out. She took them to her trainings and brought them to the forest to distract them from the fact that their parents didn't have time for them at the moment. 

Spider became the main character of the plans they were elaborating. He was the only human (besides Norm and Max) and had the same warrior training as the other Na'vi. He could meet with the sky people and defend himself if needed. They still had two years to prepare but they had to be ready because the dreamwalkers would definitely be if what Mr Williams had told them turned out to be wrong. Neteyam trained him physicaly and Lola explained him what the soldiers would expect of him. He never interacted with the sky people and it was not going to be as with the Na'vi. 

"Don't hiss at them, they don't do that and would get scared. If you sit around a table to discuss whatever they want to talk about, don't squat on the chair, imitate the way they sit. You have to do what they do so that they treat you as an equal and respect you.Let them speak first. You need to know what they want before you tell them anything. Try to find out if they are lying or not. Sometimes humans are embarrassed or move around a lot when they are not telling the truth. You have to be observant. Oh and you'll have to dress like them."

"What do you mean I have to dress like them? I'm good looking like this!" He pointed to his body. He was shirtless, the same blue marks from his time with them painted on his arms and chest. He was in a loincloth like and barefoot like all the other Omatikaya. "There is a risk that they will think you are a savage. And that's not what we need." He was looking at her indignantly now. "So you," he pointed at her, referring to the Na'vi. "You have the right to meet them as you wish but I, because I am of their species, should adapt to their customs? I have nothing in common with them, what you see there is me. It's won't bow to habits that are not my own. They accept us all the same or you manage to argue with them by yourself." Lola said nothing for a few moments. Spider was right. He had the body of a human, but he had the mind of an Omatikaya. She realised that she was labelling him as an outsider, just like some members of the village might do. "Sorry, that's not how I wanted you to understand it. I just want us to have the best chance of the meeting going well and you not being in danger."

"It's going to be fine. Besides, if they want to attack us they won't wait for the meeting, they'll do it as soon as they land on Pandora." The young woman nodded in agreement. "Look, I will do my best and you will keep explaining me how to behave around them but I'm not changing the way I look." 

***

Exhausted, Lola slumped on her bed. Sylwanin and Ozai were still with Tuk, so she had a few minutes of respite before the two tornadoes interrupted the calm of the hut. She closed her eyes and let her muscles relax little by little. Then she felt someone slump next to her and realised that Neteyam had returned from his patrol. 

She felt his hands slip around her waist, his face buried in the hollow of her neck and his breath caressed her skin. The young woman directed her hand towards his hair and began to play with the braids of her mate. They didn't need to talk, being in each other's arms was enough. Neteyam began to leave small kisses along her neck, sending shivers through her body. She moaned with pleasure. Neteyam smiled against her skin. "It's not bad when it's just the two of us." 

"Are you saying that our children annoy you?" Neteyam was now kissing the edge of Lola's breast. She breathed out heavily. "Don't get me wrong, I love our children. But I love pleasing you even more." His hands were all over her. He was sucking on her skin, making butterflies grow in her stomack. She caressed his abs and clutched his loincloth in envy. He was now on top of her, his body pressed against hers. He grabbed their queues and connected them, a wave of pleasure washing over them. Their desire intensified and they quickly removed their clothes. They kissed passionately, their tongues intertwining. "I missed this." Lola whispered in his ear. They soon became one, moaning and sighing as the pleasure in them grew. Once they both got pleased, they felt light-headed falling heavily back on their bed. Neteyam placed a light kiss on Lola's forehead and she caressed his cheek, gazing at him lovingly.

"I see you." She whispered those three words as if she wanted it to be a secret. Her gave her a big smile. "I see you." They got dressed and lied down in each others arms. Just as they started to fall asleep, they heard foot steps approaching their hut. The cloth that served as a doorway opened. Lola looked over Neteyam's shoulder and he turned to see who was disturbing them. Tuk looked at them in alarm. Lola's muscles tensed, suddenly worried. The young Na'vi looked as if she had run for miles, her hair dishevelled and blood on her chest. Neteyam stood up hurriedly and went over to her to see if she was hurt. He grabbed her by her shoulders and looked at her directly in the eyes. He very much looked like Jake at this moment. "Tuk, what happened?"

"We ... we were playing around in the forest and ... he just came out of nowhere." She looked lost, not able to hold her brother's gaze. "WHo came out of nowhere?" 

"I don't know ... I was definitely not from our clan. Long hair, torn clothes as if he had been wandering in the forest for a very long time, and a tattoo on his left arm." Neteyam's eyes widened. "Quaritch?? But he's dead." Lola was up now calming Tuk by caressing her hair with tenderness. "Well apparently he's not because he almost killed me and took away Oiza."

"He what??" Neteyam and Lola had almost shouted these words. An avatar had taken their son. And it was likely to be Quaritch, but he had died more than seven years ago in battle with the Metkayina. "I'm sorry, I tried to protect them he was so ... determined and furious like an animal."

"Where's Sylwanin?"

"With mom I let her with her before coming to see you. Because of the bad news." 

"We need to get Ozai back. He must be so scared, my baby." Lola was losing her mind. Her son had been kidnapped and they didn't know where that scumbag had taken him. Her hands and legs were shaking and her eyes watering. Neteyam took her in his arms. "We will find him. If it's Quaritch, he doesn't know the forest, he won't have gone far."

"Unless he's been watching us for seven years and planning his move."

Author's note
So ... did you expect that? What do you think will happen next? Don't forget to vote and comment :)