9.learning

Running in the forest made Lola feel free more than ever. She felt everything, the ground under her feet, the air brushing her face, the animal running next to her. Every now and then, Neteyam made sure that she was keeping up behind him. The sun bathed with light the luxuriant flora of Pandora. Lola did not know where to look. Her new eyes showed her details that human eyes could not see. The pores of the plants, the details of the wings of animals flying towards the sky.

They finally stopped at a place where life seemed to have formed around a waterhole. Neteyam crouched behind a bush to observe without disturbing what was happening before their eyes. A female viperwolf was watching her babies as they played in the water. Some were also playing in the plants, retracting at the slightest touch. "This is beautiful." Lola whispered to avoid being spotted. Neteyam took her hand and led her to another point were they could watch direhorses eat peacefully in a clearing. "Come. I'll show you how to ride one." 

They walked towards one which was close to them. The animal raised its head hearing them approaching. He hesitated a little before letting Himself be caressed by the boy. "You have to bond, Tsaheylu, so you can get on. Then you have to think about what you want him to do. If all goes well, it will go smoothly." Lola looked at him suspiciously. "If everything goes well?" Neteyam smirked. "You'll see."

The young woman took her queue and presented it next to the direhorse's antenna. She saw the filaments connect and suddenly felt what the animal was feeling, apprehension and curiosity. Her breathing quickened in surprise. It was a strange sensation that she could not describe. To be connected to another living being. Neteyam took her leg to help her hop on the direhorse. "Okay, tell him where you want to go." Lola didn't know if she had to think it or speak it. "Straight ahead." 

The animal started to run, something the girl was not prepared for. She tried to hang on as much as she could but soon enough she found herself on the ground, the animal leaving without looking back. She heard a laugh coming from behind her. "Are you really making fun of me??" Neteyam approached, a hand stretched out to help her get up. "I'm sorry but it was nice to watch." he couldn't stop laughing. "Oh really?" She took his hand but instead of getting up, she drew him with her to the ground. Surprised, the boy fell as well and got covered with mud at the same time. 

"You're going to regret this!" He threw himself on her and spread more mud than she already had on her. War was declared. Quickly, we could only see their yellow eyes coming out under the pile of mud they had become. They were laughing chidishly at their silly game. Suddenly, a rumbling sound was heard, making them freeze. "Didn't you eat before leaving the lab?" 

"I might have forgotten."

"Lola, you need to eat. For both your bodies. Don't neglect one or there could be consequences. Come, I know where to find food."

"Shouldn't we clean ourselves first?" Neteyam looked at her and smiled. His white teeth stood out against the brown mud that covered him. "Yeah, maybe." He chuckled. Punshing him in the arm, Lola got up and followed him back to the waterhole they were moments before. The viperwolf family was gone maybe because of all the noise they made. 

They jumped in the water and rubbed their skin to let the mud go away. As their blue skin reappeared, the two Na'vi could not help but glance at each other. Neteyam was subjugated by the beauty of Lola. The water running down her hair and face almost forced him to stare at her. The girl had noticed the insistence with which the boy looked at her, which made her blush. But she also could not help but glance from time to time. His muscles stood out under the trickle of water and his braids held water drops making them shine in the sun. Neteyam approached and placed his hand on Lola's cheekbone, rubbing it. "You still have mud there..." He stopped rubbing after a few seconds but his hand stayed. Her lips were just there. It was suddenly very hot in this waterhole. Time was suspended as if nothing existed around. The boy could not help but move his face closer and closer to Lola's. 

A new rumbling sound was heard, breaking the tension. He smiled mockingly. "Well, I think we'll go eat now." Embarrassed by this, the young woman grunted and hid her face with her hands. Neteyam gently removed them. "It's okay, it's a primal need." She threw a punch into his shoulder. "Shut up!" Bursting out laughing, he turned and walked out of the water, somehow relieved about this interruption. He didn't know if he could have controlled himself otherwise.

Auhtor's note
I was so happy writing this chapter!! Comment something that could represent Lola and Neteyam's relationship :)