12

Trigger warning ⚠️: Very emotional and stressful panic attack. I'd didn't know how to describe it so just be aware that there is some anxiety/depression mentioned in this chapter.

——————

The next morning, Maddy was up before Hailey and doing more homework as she ate some cheerios for breakfast.

"You're up early," Hailey said as she came out of the bedroom.

"Couldn't sleep," She shrugged, "Whens my next appointment?"

"Friday at 1,"

"So I get out of school early?" She asked, looking up from her assignment.

"I'll make the exception," Hailey chuckled, "Don't get used to it,"

"I won't," She smiled, looking over at Hailey's phone as it rang and Jay's picture popped up on the screen. "Its dad,"

"Go ahead," Hailey nodded.

"Dad!" She grinned, answering her mom's phone for her.

"Hey Mads," He smiled, "How you doing?"

"I miss you,"

"I miss you too sweetie. How you feeling?"

"Better. I'm back at school again. Can't go back to volleyball yet or probably this season but it'll be okay," She explained, packing up her bag for school.

"That's a good attitude. You driving yet?"

"No, moms still driving me. I haven't been cleared for driving yet but we've taken my car a few times just so it can run,"

"God, can I talk to mom real quick?"

"Yeah shes right here," she said as she went to hand the phone to Hailey, "I love you, dad,"

"I love you too kiddo,"

Maddy smiled and handed the phone over to Hailey, going to finish getting ready.

——————

"I'll pick you up after school," Hailey told her as she pulled up to the school.

"Okay. Love you," Maddy nodded, kissing her cheek before she got out.

"Love you too," She smiled, waiting for Maddy to shut the door before she drove off.

Maddy went in and met Abby at their lockers, picking their books out before walking to class.

"So my dad called,"

"Yeah?"

"Wanted to talk to my mom about something but I don't know what," She shrugged. "She said "really?" And "okay," and that was all I heard,"

"Eavesdropping on your own mom," Abby chuckled, playfully pushing her best friend.

"Not eavesdropping just happened to hear it as I was hiding around the corner," Maddy chuckled.