eight

Season One, Episode Four

"woe what a night"

░░░░๑≋≋|⤲|≋≋๑░░░░

"YOU'RE LOOKING GREAT TONIGHT!" i heard Ajax shout as i walked through the halls of the school. What a way to bring attention towards me you jerk. I had been wearing my white suit, very similar to the many others that the other boys had. 

At least Ajax looked unique among the crowd with his own style that wasn't like the rest of us. To be fair i could have worn something different my self- who am i kidding? I'm good. I continued walking trying to find my date for this stupid thing before hearing my name being called from afar. I turned slowly before glancing over at the approaching blonde who suddely engulfed me with a hug.

"Oh my god, oh my god! I can't believe you're actually coming with me to the dance" Enid said removing her hands from around my waist.

"Of course, i'm not going to leave you by yourself. Who do you take me for?" I quizzed.

"Sorry, it's just that Ajax did that with me and i- put my expectations very low ever since then" She admitted looking down towards the floor.

"Hey" i grabbed her attention by placing a hand on her shoulder. "I'd never do that. A deals a deal okay? Now, let's get to this dance before i regret this."

Enid couldn't contain the big grin on her face and pulled me along towards the entrance allowing for us to enter inside the Rave'n. Ms. Thornhill and Principal Weems greeted us on the way inside as i took in the atmosphere. 

It looked exactly how the dance was before i came to Nevermore. But yet, so different. The DJ was rocking tunes right in front of this giant statue of what looks like a yeti. "Is that the Abominable Snowman?" i asked looking up at the ice.

"You can't say that, it's offensive!" She warned me. "The correct name is yeti."

"Whatever, it's not like i see any around" i rolled my eyes scanning the room.

"Not anymore. They've been extinct since the 1950's. Ms. Thornill wanted the Rave'n this year to feel relevant" Enid informed me.

"What because the ones before we're pointless?" I questioned turning back to her.

"No" She shut down. "Our theme is climate crisis meets extinction event. But in a fun way!"

"Okay then" i muttered before catching my brother with his date...Bianca Barclay. What in the world happened between yesterday and today for him to switch from Wednesday to his ex? Did this mean Wednesday wasn't showing up now?

Meanwhile Ajax walked over with his own date. Enid was quick to try and avoid his gaze and did so by pulling me along to the punch bowl. "Enid cmon, this is ridiculous" I complained.