five

Season One, Episode Three

"friend or woe"

░░░░๑≋≋|⤲|≋≋๑░░░░

░░░░๑≋≋|⤲|≋≋๑░░░░

UNLIKE WEDNESDAY I HAVE NOT HAD EXPERIENCE IN BEING KIDNAPPED, so you could imagine the panic i had been feeling when they took off the bag from my head, only to see me surrounded by a bunch of hooded individuals in a circle.

I glanced over at Wednesday who looked at each of the people, inspecting them with a stare. "Who dares breach our inner sanctum?" a mysterious voice called out. 

"You can take the mask off, Bianca" Wednesday called out as i frowned looking over at the now revealing members of the group. "Wait i preferred you with it on."

"Damn, i knew that voice sounded familiar" i mumbled as i glanced over at my brother. Seems like Wednesday wasn't too far off from the truth after all.

"How did you get down here?" Xavier questioned avoiding eye contact with me.

"Rowan showed me" She then glanced downwards before speaking again "Left pocket." Xavier made his way over towards us and took the picture from her pocket. "I tracked the watermark to the Poe statue. Then i solved the riddle."

"Wait, there's a riddle? I thought we just snapped twice" Kent spoke up with a confused look.

"Well, aren't you the brightest in the bunch" the raven haired girl commented.

"Great, i've been kidnapped by a bunch of juvenile highschool clowns. I'm not surprised you're here too Ajax" i scoffed leaning back. Ajax looked over at me with a disapproving glance as Bianca began explaining what exactly they were.

"The nightshades are an elite social club, emphasis on elite" Bianca stated.

"We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional midnight skinny-dip" Yoko explained as the others nodded to her words.

"And Yoko's an amateur mixologist, she makes a killer virgin mojito. It can get pretty wild" Ajax said as a slight smile grew on his face.

"Wow, do you guys even have a bedtime?" Wednesday remarked as they gave her confused looks. "Last i heard, the Nightshades had been disbanded."

"Yeah well, the group kind of lost it's charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died" Xavier confirmed her speculation.

"But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes any waves" Yoko mentioned as we all turned to her.

"Someone like Rowan?" Wednesday was quick to ask.

"We booted that loser last semester. Quest is, what are we gonna do with them?" Bianca brought up before looking at the other members. "Only members are allowed in this library."