Killian

I don't know why I ever thought this was a good idea. She makes me feel things I've never felt and I don't like it.

She smells like flowers and sweetness. She treats me like I'm the epitome of her safety and it ignites a warm happy feeling within me. I don't know how to deal with these feelings but brushing her off like I did, probably wasn't the best way to do it.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door before Riker pokes his head in.

"Hey bro, I come barring food." He said, putting a plate in front of me.

"Thanks." I replied, picking up the fork and digging into the eggs.

"So, what's wrong?" He asked.

"What do you mean." I asked, putting a bite of eggs into my mouth.

"I know your not a morning person but you've worked endless nights to get Catilina here and now your suddenly uninterested?"

"First of all, I worked to get her and her kids out of a dangerous house and I did that I no longer need to be interested. Secondly, this food is amazing, remind me to thank mom later."

"Mom didn't cook."

"Who did?"

"Your girl." He replied with a smirk. "But stop changing the subject, we both know your interest was much more than just getting her and her kids out of a dangerous house."

"Since you know so much, tell me where exactly my interests lie."

"You like her and you don't want to admit it." He said.

"Not true."

"Tis true. You like her and she makes you feel things that scares you."

I sighed, sitting back in my chair.

"Come on, tell your brother how you feel."

"She is amazing, even after everything she's been through she still walks around with the warmest smile ever. She treats everyone like mom does, with love and kindness."

"I know what you mean, she gives off the energy only a mom could give off." Riker agreed.

"Exactly, whenever she's around she makes me feel like I just got injected with a shit ton of serotonin and I never want it to stop." I explained.

"But?" Riker said.

"But, I'm not good enough for her. Like a real life beauty and beast."

"Except the beast in this case isn't actually a beast, he only sees himself as such because he has never had someone like her to show him he's anything else." Riker explained, before heading to the door.

"Just make sure you tell her how you feel before you push her away. She deserves that much." He said before leaving.

He has a point, she deserves to know how I feel before I make up my mind about this by myself.

~•~

It's been a few weeks since Cat moved in, I still haven't told her how I felt and I don't think I ever will. She seems so happy here and the boys too. My dogs love them so much. She takes the boys and dogs out to the park almost everyday with my sister and sometimes my mom.

When the boys are at school and she's not at work, she spends most of her time in our library upstairs. I thought it was just simply because she loves books I mean I met her in a library.

Until I over heard her talking to Lila the other day, saying she stayed in the library most of the time because she thinks I'm annoyed by her. That honestly couldn't be farther from the truth.