Catilina

"Mom are you seriously just gonna let him in here and pretend like nothing happened?" Kingston asked me.

Killian was sitting in the living on the floor with the triplets while the boys helped me in the kitchen.

"King I never said I was letting him do anything but he deserves to at least be here for his kids. That's all he wants. He wants to be here for y'all's birthday."

"He's only here for the kids that are actually his." Kingston scoffed.

"Dude, mom never even told him about the triplets." Kolton replied before walking into the living room.

"Is that true?" Kingston asked me.

"Yes. I haven't talked to him at all since we left almost four years ago and he got the shock of his life when Kazzy ran to me yelling mommy." I chuckled.

"Then he got even more of a shock when I showed him the ultrasound of all three of them." I explained.

I don't know what to do about this. Kolton and Kolson seem okay with Killian but Kingston is still holding a grudge. I never wanted that, they deserve their dad.

"King, don't be too harsh on him. I'm the one who chose to leave, because I felt it was what I needed. Me and him where really young, we rushed into things and we both made mistakes." I said, rubbing his back.

Normally I would kiss his forehead but the boys are now taller than me.

"There you are, I was looking for you Kingston." Killian said, walking into the kitchen.

"Hey dad." He replied.

"I was hoping we could talk." Killian asked, hopefully.

After a minute of silence Kingston finally answered. "Sure we can talk." And they walked out back.

~•~

"Please Mom." Kolson begged.

"We told our friends you'd sing a song at our birthday party." Kingston said.

"Yeah and you wouldn't wanna break their hearts would you?" Kolton pleaded with puppy dog eyes.

I groaned as I got up. "Fine, y'all are luck I love you." I sighed.

"Yes!" The cheered and ran to the living room.

"They really love hearing you sing don't they?" Killian chuckled.

"Yeah but I don't have anybody to play the guitar for me. Rylee left earlier." I said.

"I can do it." He volunteered.

"You play the guitar?" I asked shocked.

"I do, I sing sometimes but I'm no where as good as You and Rylee." He chuckled.

"Okay well let's go then." I said and we walked to the living room.

I handed him a guitar as we sat on the stools that where sitting in the middle of the room.

"Your dad can play too?" On of the boys friends asked them.

"It's news to us." Kingston replied.

"Well y'all wanted me to sing a song and with my wrist still hurting I can't play the guitar and your uncle Rylee left earlier since Esme wasn't feeling good so your dad offered to step in." I explained.

Killian looked over the paper i gave him and started playing while while started singing.

"I think I'd rather die, than let you see me cry.
Im forever terrified..
That I!
No I can't, get too close.
Cause I'm scared that you might know!
I pretend, to be fine, while I wait for the tears to Dry!
DryYyYy..."