:Ch 27: ⏳

(No updates??)

The speed the tendril was coming at me from was terrifying, but I could survive it. I can fight it.

My heart racing and my body almost paralyzed. I was scared.

The tendrils got to me and raised up, standing like a snake looking down on its prey.

I took in a deep breath as the silence of the forest was heard. The stillness of the tendrils frightening as they were very much ready to come for me.

Swiftly, the tendrils came for me, my reaction dodging but then running.

I ran deeper into this forest and made my way to escape the tendrils. The rush of running and jumping over my obstacles had slowly seeped fear into my system.

'Do I really have the strength and courage to survive..?'

The snow slowly started building up as I had no choice but to climb the trees, jumping to the other branch and catching my breath.

The tree I previously climbed was uprooted, gone into the air as if it was but a blade of grass.

I shrieked a bit as I jumped to another tree, my previous tree falling to the same fate as the first. I was about to jump to the other tree till it was flung into the air as well.

It caught onto my pattern and had me in a corner.

I went around the trunk and jumped to another tree, the three trees surrounding me gone.

I moved around the trunk but I was stuck to the tree. I couldn't move.

The tree ahead of me was soon gone. There were no more trees to jump to and I was a goner.

The branches and leaves were ripped apart so I could be revealed to the tendrils of fate.

I looked at them dead on as they grew bigger and loomed over me.

'Im here for a reason..'

I stopped holding my breath and stopped quivering against the trunk of the tree. I held my bow with an iron grip and picked an arrow.

I took in a shaky breath as I drew an arrow.

I aimed high and found myself picturing my death.

Would it be quick?

Would it be slow and painful?

Guess I was about to find out.

I shot my arrow as the tendril shot right back at me. I jumped just above its impact and landed on it, riding it like a wild horse.

I held up a good grip against its flailing and tosses, the rest of the tendrils trying to hit me but are only hitting itself.

Thats when I realized, these tendrils have a source.

They are attached to something alive.

As I was trying to find an opening to run along these tendrils to its source, I was budged off.

I caught a branch but it snapped and I fell right on my back. The wind knocked out of me, clearly, but I rushed back up.

I was dazed from the rush as I bolted along the long line of one of the tendrils. I ran and ran and ran, making my way to the creature or thing that owned these.

I dodged and hopped, I slid and flipped over obstacles, I was going to win.

I saw a clearing, Something up ahead that looked like a battle ground.