30

Three years later.

"Congratulations!" A familiar pair of voices said.

I turned to see the twins coming towards me with their partners and I smiled a genuine smile at seeing them.

"Hey guys. Thanks."

"I'm so proud of you." Mrs. Benfield says as she comes over with her husband.

"Thanks mom."

"Where's that sweet man of yours? I wanna introduce him to Ronald."

She walks off without waiting for my answer and drags her new husband with her.

"She seems happy." I say to the twins and they both nod as we watch him struggle to keep up.

"She better be or I'd rock his shit." Eric responds just as his wife of over two years joins us.

"Mmm, I love it when you get all scary. Don't we Savannah?" Brianna coos as she lightly shakes her 18 month old baby.

"She's grown so much since I last saw her."

"Yeah. She eats as though we starve her. Don't you my little black hole?" She kisses her daughter's cheeks before handing her to Eric. "Congratulations by the way Damon. You totally earned it and I'm proud of you."

"Thank you."

"And if anyone says it's because you're sleeping with the boss... send them my way."

I chuckled as she hugs and kisses me before collecting her child and sauntering off to find and save Ronald from his wife.

Eric shakes his head as he lovingly smiles at Bri before congratulating me once more and going after her. Danny and Jon both hug me before they too left and I went in search of my lover.

The place was spacious and the 500 people there were scattered around the inside and outside of the building as they either danced or conversed with each other. Most were workers that flew in for their different awards and the announcements of various promotions and the others were close family and friends. It took me a few minutes but I tracked him down near his mom and I smiled as she spots me.

"Damon! Love. There you are."

Chris turns at the call of my name and my smile brightens as his mom pulls me into a hug.

"Hey mom."

"Congratulations sweetie, you deserve it. Being the youngest VP of this conglomerate is such an achievement. I know your parents would be so proud if they were alive today."

"Um... I'm the CEO. I should be getting more praise than him." Chris pouts as he places his hands on his hips in an attempt to quickly change my mood.

"Jealousy isn't a good colour on you sweetie." His mom says and I chuckle as I pulled him in for a quick kiss on his cheeks.

"Anything is a good colour on me. I'm a reflection of you remember mom?"

She chuckles as she shakes her head at the sun she's clearly so proud of and kisses both of us at the sides of our faces. "I'll leave you two to interact with the crowd."

"Bye mom. I'll stop by in the afternoon tomorrow to check on you."

"Okay my sweets."

We both watch as she leaves before Chris pulls me in for a proper kiss and I let him.

"All of our family and friends showed up." He says as he releases me.

"Yeah. So much has happened in the past three years that unfortunately made us all so busy."

"That and the worldwide pandemic that forced us to stay apart from each other."

"That sucked. I felt like we missed so much."

"Mmm."

"Brianna and Derek got married and had little baby Sav during the pandemic."

"Jon's little sister died because the doctors didn't know how to treat such a rapidly infectious disease."

Jon and Danny spilt up for 6 months because Jon was trapped in another state and Danny had to deal with the fact that there was no funeral or body of his lover's sister and he was all alone in isolation."

"Trent died from the combination of cancer and Covid."

"Alexis and her fiancé got married."

"Mrs. McPherson remarried."

"Our business increased so much because of the pandemic."

"My mom met someone new and is doing well."

"Now I'm the VP and with the love of my life in a place that's home to me. I couldn't ask for a better ending to a fucked up 3 years."

"You can say that again."

He smiled at me before we were both separated as we entertained the masses and didn't reunite until 2am as we headed home.

"I'm so tired." Chris moans as he lies on the bed with me, having dropped his towel onto the floor.

I kiss the top of his head as I stare at the iPad in my hand, keeping track of the news.

"Did you hear there's another outbreak of covid?"

"Mmhmm."

"I swear we'll never hear the end of this stupid disease."

"Mmhmm."

Do you wanna fuck me?"

"Mmhmm."

I slid to another page as my mind was focused on the news before I spotted a head of hair on top of my brief.

"You're being a bad boyfriend." Chris pouts and I finally shut the device off before putting it on the table.

"Sorry. You were saying about being tired?"

"That was so long ago." He continued to groan and I smiled as he sits back on his legs.

I now notice he's naked and his little man isn't so little at the moment.

"Oh?" I raise my eyebrow as he straddles me.

"Pay attention to me."

"Oh I'm up and paying attention." I state.

Chris moves his hips on top of me and smiles before leaning in for a kiss. "Good. It's no fun when I do it myself."

"Oh you know you enjoy the little control I give you."

"Turn over." He commands. "Let's see if you can stay focused after you feel me deep inside you."

I smirk as I obeyed before feeling Chris place wet kisses from my neck to the top of my ass.

"Oh?" I moaned as I felt his tongue moving slowly and in a circular motion.

This was about to get good.

—————

Hey guys.... 👀🫣

It's me... the betrayer of an author.

I've decided to end the book here. Sorry it took me soooooo long to do so.

I had so much hope for this book but it was a struggle for me since the pandemic became so brutal.

My mom died from COVID in 2021 and that hit me hard and then my gf left me and I was hooked on drugs and alcohol, dropped outta university etc.

I'm all good now. Finally getting back into writing.

Like, comment and share.

I missed you guys and hope you still support me in my future endeavors.

There will be lots of grammatical errors cause I legit sat down and wrote these chapters in a few hours. Will check back later on to fix them.

Bye for now.

Love you all. Stay safe out there.