𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

chapter nineteen: “invitation to mundane life

(n/a: yanno, I wonder what caught your eye in this book.)

     “TRAVELER, ARE YOU SLEEPY NOW?”

THE QUEEN questioned, seeing the stuttered movement of the Honorary Knight. Her little companion was already sleeping on (Name)'s head, snoring so loudly. Night has fallen and the two travelers were knocked out completely, leaving the dragon fae alone to take care of them...

     "Come on, dear. No need to push yourself," (Name) told Lumine as she opened her arms. "Sleep now. I'll take care of you," she beckoned the blonde to accept the slumber.

     "Tsunotaro... I don't wanna..." Lumine murmured, holding the Queen's forearms. "I can take it. Don't worry about me—" She finally loses consciousness, landing on (Name)'s chest as she does so.

Carrying Lumine in bridal style, she continued their journey alone—passing the bridge of Dihua Marsh. She looked up to see an inn. Without thinking too much about it, she took the stairs to meet with the counter. She was greeted by a female, whose vibe is strange yet welcoming...

     "Good evening, welcome to Wangshu Inn. I'm Verr Goldet, your receptionist. How can I help you?" She greeted. She must've noticed the sleeping Traveler around her arms, "Are you here to book a room for tonight?"

     "Yes, indeed. Are there any vacant rooms at the moment?" (Name) asked, smiling wryly at the counter lady.

     "Of course, follow me," Verr replied, beckoning the fae to follow her.

The inn may be small, but it's charming and reliable for tonight. She gently placed the sleeping Traveler on the bed, taking off her shoes in the process to settle her whole body on the mattress completely. Paimon was holding onto her small horns as if she can sense she's gonna fall if she doesn't do so...

     "The total for one day is six thousand mora, Miss," the receptionist told her from behind. "You can one hundred mora for today's special tea. Osmanthus tea," she added.

     (Name) nodded and pulled a bag of mora, placing it on her palm, "Perhaps this is enough for you?" She asked with a smile. "I'll have three cups of tea as well."

     "Of course, Miss."

AS USUAL, the conqueror of demons is used to mortals entering the inn he's currently in. Because of what happened during the visit to his former motherly figure's home—he felt empty again. She wasn't present as Morax had told him, which is the possibility she's currently traveling the world...