𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚

chapter twenty-one: “farewell of snezhnaya and vago mundo

(n/a: the only former spouse who isn't getting slandered is ei.)

     TSUNOTARO, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?

LUMINE asked, tugging (Name)'s coat to cut her trance. The said woman hummed in response as she stared back at the worried Outlander. She was reminiscing what happened last night with her adoptive son, remembering the other children she took care of already passed away...

     "Yes, I am... I'm alright," she assured while smiling. "Is something unusual happening at the moment?" She questioned, taking a good look around if there were any enemies nearby.

     "No, but you're acting weird today. You're not your usual self," the blonde explained. (Name) raised an eyebrow in confusion, "What I mean is that you're being gloomy than usual. Also I know you didn't sleep last night," she remarked.

     "Oh, it seems I was caught red-handed," the (h/c)-haired woman jested for a moment. "I was busy thinking of something yesterday evening," she confessed.

     "And that is?"

     "And that is..." (Name) placed a finger on Lumine's lips, zipping her mouth. "... None of your concern, my dear Traveler. It's best to leave me and my problems alone to bear it alone," she teased before continuing their journey to Liyue.

     Paimon stared at her companions, "Why are you two so intimate?"

Liyue, the land of the Geo Archon, is quite lively today. Ah, yes, today's the day when he visits his people to bestow blessings and give his wise words. (Name) followed the excited duo while she examined the surroundings, interested in the antiques getting sold...

     "It's a one in a lifetime, so we're grateful Venti brought it up earlier, or else we'll miss this year's Rite of Descension," Paimon told Lumine.

     "Well, do you know where it's getting hold?" The Traveler asked, staring at her companion.

     "Um... I mean, Venti told us the time..." The white-haired child grinned nervously, sweat is obvious at the back of her neck. "Ehe. Paimon isn't sure about it, but since we're in Liyue why don't we try to ask some locals."

     "Alright, let's go."

     "Oh, wait! About the Geo Archon, who goes by the name 'Morax', did you know the mora that we used is named after that god?" She added, smiling. "I think it's rude to the Liyuen to call their Geo Archon by his name, so we should refer to him using the name 'Rex Lapis' as his people do."