𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

chapter fifty-four: “g̶a̶y̶ hate

chapter fifty-four: “g̶a̶y̶ hate.”

• I can give the ending for Lumine to add salt to the wound ;>. Anyways, Lisa as well.

     “IT WAS A GREAT DAY WITH YOU, MS. (N/N)! GOODNIGHT!”

THE S̶O̶N̶ CAVALRY CAPTAIN bid goodnight. (Name) didn't manage to tell him he was her son due to the complications, but she didn't notice the woman (wife) behind her. With one last wave, she was about to return to her hometown. Instead of returning in peace, she turned around to see a familiar blond head and her companion...

     "Are you having a date with him?" Lumine asked, raising an eyebrow with her arms crossed. Paimon was also doing the same thing, "And I thought you were just gonna talk to Venti and nothing else."

     "I can explain Traveler, please don't take it in the wrong sight—I'm not finished. Don't leave me here," (Name) said as she followed the marching Lumine and (flying) Paimon. "The Cavalry Captain and I don't have that kind of feelings for each other. We don't romanticize our relationship or anything—"

     "Sure, talk to the wall. I'm going to Inazuma with or without you, Tsunotaro," the blonde huffed. "You can go back to your new boyfriend Kaeya if you want to!"

     "I don't even have romantic feelings for him... Wait, Traveler!"

— JADE CHAMBER

     "So the Traveler was avoiding you?" Ningguang questioned, chuckling as she drank her tea. "Is that the reason why the Queen is down today? How amusing, Ms. Draconia..." She teased, giving a mocking smile on the other female's way.

     (Name) sighed, "I was just trying to tell her the Cavalry Captain and I don't have a mutual relationship. We're just... Friends, of some sort." She explained, earning a raised eyebrow from the Tianquan. "A motherly figure for her son kind of relationship. That's what the relationship between us is."

Because of the help of Ningguang and Liyue Qixing, the spreading rumors of the Thorn Archon's arrival were gone in a nick of time. She now swore she'll protect (Name), as per her mistake of blaming her for her former husband's "death"...

     "Alright then, I believe you. Don't worry, I was just jesting earlier," Ningguang assured while blowing smoke toward (Name)'s way. "Your history and Liyue's history are bound together, so as long as I'm alive, I'll preserve your safety and my hometown."

     "How sweet of you," (Name) uttered. "Pray to tell, what happened to Ms. Yelan?"

     "I didn't know you care for me, Ms. (Name)," someone blew behind her ear. The latter raised her head to see the said spy holding her shoulders from above, "Good morning to you. I hope you're having a great tea party with Lady Ningguang over here," Yelan smiled.

Of course, Yelan was the one responsible for blackmailing the Fontaine newspaper writers and ordering them to re-publish a new article about the strange happening. "An entity from the icy depths of Snezhnaya caused chaos" is now what the headlines are now seen all over Tevyat. Everyone was glad no casualty was reported (due to the Thorn Archon's ability to not let anyone die in her sleeping spell)...

     "Man, the last mission was hectic. I hope those Fontaine freaks won't go for my head," the orchid (Yelan) laughed as she sat on (Name)'s armrest. "Be grateful Ningguang has a little bit of sympathy toward you."

     Ningguang shrugged, "I'm not sure you're in the position to say that, Yelan. You do know Ms. Draconia over here can spread thorns and send people to sleep in a small amount of time, yes?"

     Yelan just laughed a little, "Oh. I don't mind being lured into a deep sleep unless I'm seeing her in my dreams..." She confessed, poking the little horns on the Archon's head. "I never thought you do have horns though. How large is it?"

     "Just a few meters," (Name) replied. A small "poof" was seen above her head, revealing her Archon form's large horns, "It adds a couple of inches of my height."

Despite not being spoiled by Lumine, she's being spoiled by two women from Liyue. Both Ningguang and Yelan are currently playing with her horns, amused by the structure and how long it was...

     "Oh wow, who's this hottie over here?"

     "Captain Beidou, no. She's our guest and no hitting on her," Ningguang snapped. A woman with long brown hair and an eyepatch was seen at the entrance of the Jade Chamber, "I've heard about the Crux Clash."

     Beidou flinched, "I... I... I, uh, what did you hear about it Ningguang?" She asked, stammering.

     "I've heard about you having the Traveler join this... This competition of yours, in exchange for Kazuha's vision and a trip to Inazuma..." Ningguang replied, tapping the Captain's shoulder. "I would like to have a request."

     "Why is she sweating?" (Name) whispered to Yelan.

     "Captain Beidou is a pirate after all... You know the dirty dealings of their kind. I can't blame them since Ningguang and I do that too," the orchid replied. "I wonder what request she wants from Captain Beidou."

     "Since the Traveler is going to Inazuma, why won't Ms. (n/n) over here join you?" Ningguang suggested and earned a couple of questioning retorts from everyone. "You see, Ms. (n/n) over here has a predicament with the Traveler. It'll be unpleasant if they won't fix it as soon as possible after all," she added.

     "Eh? What're you up to, Ning-Ning?"

     (Name) was about to say something until Ningguang covered her mouth, "Now now, Ms. (n/n). It's a bad omen to decline an offer," she told her. "Now be a good girl and go fix your predicament with the Traveler."

     OUTSIDE THE JADE CHAMBER, "Sorry about Ningguang. She's just persistent if she wants something," Beidou told (Name) as they descended to the ground. "Oh, by the way, I'm Beidou. Captain of the Alcor: the Crux," she introduced herself and shook the Queen's hands.

     "I'm (n/n). Nice to meet you, Captain Beidou, and you don't need to apologize for Lady Ningguang's stead... Everything's alright," (Name) assured. "I just think it's her nature as a businesswoman."

     "Yeah, I guess so... BY THE WAY, I WANT YOU TO MEET MY CREW! LET'S GO! LET'S GO!"

     "AH! CAPTAIN BEIDOU, CALM DOWN! WE MIGHT FALL!"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

マレウス