𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚

chapter fifty-one: “second death

chapter fifty-one: “second death.”

(n/a: Inazuma Archon quest is next!?

     “I SHALL seeketh your assistance if I disappear," the voice of Maleficia rang through Pierro's former chamber. "If you agreed to this deal, then I shall spare your life."

That very day, a deal was made between a goddess and someone who despises their race. He should've NOT taken the deal with someone who has a grudge against humankind and a granddaughter who hates her. She was the epitome of destruction and manipulation, bringing chaos to the land...

     "Please lessen your intake of beers, Lord Pierro."

MEANWHILE, WITH THE ”TSARITSA”, she was panicking as she went through the halls of the Palace. Her plan of having (Name) as her new vessel is slowly crumbling now that her greatest fear—Pierro—is back from his duty, just busy eating in the dining room...

     "This isn't good..." She whispered to herself, doing a sharp turn to return to her throne room. "If they talk to each other about my existence, then... I need to think fast," she added as she opened the great doors.

Instead of seeing the Fatui agents guarding the throne room, their bodies of them are laid scattered—from the scent of the room and the green smoke lingering above the bodies, a slumber spell was cast. The Cryo goddess gasped when she saw someone sitting on her throne, cross-legged with their elbow laying on the armrest...

     "Long time no see, Grandmother..." (Name), the one sitting on the throne, greeted. Her archon features were shown already, meaning her powers has returned, "How was the body of Tsaritsa? Does it suit your preferences?" She hummed, smiling at her.

     The “Tsaritsa” choked on her spit, "W... What are you saying, dear (Name)? I don't look like your grandmother," she started to deny the accusation. Despite the cold weather, she was sweating bullets, "You must've been mistaken—"

     The other Queen laughed, her voice echoing. She wiped a tear cascading, "Dear me... You sure still the same as ever, Grandmother. Always feeding me with lies even though it's clear you're caught or in the wrong already, hm?" She jested. "Don't play with me now, I know you're using Tsaritsa's body as a vessel."

     "How did you even know...? I made sure I kept that filth's tongue shut," Maleficia remarked as she backed away from shock.

     "You weren't so careful about keeping your existence here and even the Harbingers couldn't keep their mouth shut about the ghost lingering in the Palace," (Name) mocked while tilting her head. "You should've been a bit more careful about concealing your identity and obvious features, Aj—Mr. Tartaglia even mistook you as my former husband's wife."