𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

chapter forty-four: “problems

chapter forty-four: “problems.”

(n/a: sobbing because Kaeya is canonically not Pierro's son.)

SILENCE. It was silent between Lumine and (Name), well not entirely silent since Paimon was snoring on the Traveller's shoulder. The Queen is occasionally taking glances to check the situation on the pissed Outlander (pissed from the truth about the one she likes is married to someone)...

     "Lumine."

     (Name) looked at the blonde, "Hm? What did you say, Traveler?"

     "My name's Lumine..." The Traveler repeated, matching the same gaze she was receiving. "Now that I know your name, it's just wise to tell mine. (Name) is a pretty name, by the way," she commented before returning her look to the street.

     "Likewise. Lumine is beautiful, too," (Name) commented while chuckling. "The way you argued with my former husband is entertaining. I was surprised when you said I was taken by you and not that I mind," she added.

     "You guys have divorced anyway," the blonde crossed her arms. "He should know that there's a line waiting to marry you and I'm the first one in the line. Plus, he's crusty already so I'm the better choice!" She puffed her chest, proud of what she said.

(Name) chuckled at Lumine's silly retort. Silence again, but this time the blonde Traveler is holding the Queen's coat. However, the taller female is having mixed feelings at the moment—does her second husband still loves her despite being bewitched into loving her grandmother instead? Is Ei holding a grudge against her? Sure, Morax still has feelings then there's Guizhong. And lastly, Lumine, who has confessed “indirectly”...

     Lumine tilted her head, "Man. You're looking depressed, Tsunotaro."

     (Name) just chuckled, "You still call me by that nickname despite knowing my real name. Then again, I'm currently thinking of something," she sighed. "It's been a while since I've felt this strange feeling."

     The blonde shrugged (cue for Paimon whining), "Makes sense. I'm not gonna blame you though since you're isolated from the world," she uttered. "There's still a long time to make up for some mistakes and time to fix your mind. Not gonna force you to choose someone out of the blue."

     The (h/c)-haired woman tapped her cheek, processing. "That's true, Lumine dear. I might as well think about the things before proceeding on it," she agreed and the other grinned at her. "Thank you."

     "Anytime, Tsunotaro!" Lumine chortled. "I need to put Paimon back in bed, so I'll see you later. Or are you gonna go back to your hometown?"

     "I'll think about it, but I need to buy something. See you soon."

With a wave, the two (wives) separate ways—one going to an inn and the other going to the underground market of Liyue Harbor. To honor Guizhong's grave, she is now buying a “bouquet” of glaze lilies...