Chapter 5 Converging paths

The days seemed to drag on But it was fun and magical for y/n as she had created a close bond with Neteyam in just a few months, She was now in the forest with Neteyam as they both were doing target practice and the forest they were in just a few kilometers away from the met.

Y/n missed her target again and sighed looking at Neteyam Her ears slightly drooping down. "I'm never going to hit one at this rate." She says disappointed and Neteyam comes over thumping her head with His middle finger.

The girl hisses in pain as she looks at him Pouting the older Navi Leaves a kiss on her cheek and he stands beside her."It's just as if you are learning sign language, But just a bit more simple. "

Y/n rolled her eyes sighing as she looks over at him, But he uses two of his fingers to push her head back into place smiling. "Do not look away from your target, have a deep breath, spread your feet apart just a bit, and do not falter...Relax your shoulders and.."

Y/n did as told relaxing her shoulders and she took a deep breath moving into the right position and she held the quiver of her bow in between her fingers, she lets it go with ease and it lands on the target hitting right above the bullseyes and y/n looks at it wide-eyed before picking up another to do it again.

Neteyam backs away smiling and admiring y/n as she does it again a few times getting the hang of the bow and its arrows, He watched as she did it with ease and with so much force that her arrows were now going through the target and impaling the tree deeply within. The woman looks over at Neteyam and his heart seemed to slip a beat at the sight of her face, The raw happiness he felt in his heart couldn't have been an even bigger or better tale tell sign that he had fallen in love with the woman.

"Great job, that's enough for the day now let's head back before eclipse," He says packing the bow, and y/n packs the arrows retrieving the ones she had shot into the tree. The girl's ears twitched as she heard the sound of something fluttering near her ear, the girl swats it away not paying attention until it comes back and she notices it was a spirit. She signals for Neteyam to pay attention which doesn't help since he wasn't paying attention.

She decided to leave without him she follows the spirit sprite, her tail swinging side to side as she walks. "Wait." Neteyam turns around hearing y/n's voice at a distance and he looks Around seeing that she indeed left the arrows he leaves the bow looking for her footprints and he sees them and begins to track her down, after a few minutes of wandering to get to her he finds her stand near a Pool of water shaded by the trees.

He walks up to y/n and looks down into her eyes the height difference wasn't a lot just by a few inches. He sighs cupping her face with his hands. "What were you thinking... Our planet is beautiful and so is the tribe but it's dangerous everywhere love."

Y/n's gaze softens as she stares into Neteyam's eyes and she points in the direction the sprite had gone." The spirit led me here...It's so beautiful just..I.." Neteyam waited for her next words but they never came instead Y/n looks at her surroundings and

Neteyam comes closer to her staring into her eyes as he caresses her cheek His yellow eyes entrancing the girl as she feels her throat tighten up at the sight of him as he asks her a simple yet meaningful question that has such significant meaning behind it. "Be my woman? I won't pressure you into it b-" His sentence was interrupted when y/n raises her finger to his mouth.

" Neteyam...Shut up and just take me as your woman, Mating you will be one of the best things in my life."Y/n says softly and Neteyam Nods his head pulling away from y/n slowly to pull his braid from behind his back and y/n did the same, Both of the adults connect the tendrils of their braids watching them connect.