Chapter 11 Awake

"You don't have to leave everytime you see us." Ao'nung says looking at Neteyam who was sitting next to y/n sleeping form, it had been over a month since the great fight with Quaritch and everyone was healing from the battle.

" I know but it's my fault she's injured man" Neteyam says looking at his lover and a gentle breeze comes into the hut gently Rocking the Medical cords that monitored y/n's vitals. She had been under Norms constant care and also Tsireya's care as well with the help of Ronal.

" Listen she's strong, she took a bullet for you man, not anyone would do that" Ao'nung says and Neteyam shakes his head sighing moving a strand of y/n's hair from her face. It was a supposed to be a time of celebration and the telling of Stories, but nobody wanted to tell them unless y/n would wake up. It had been days since she had even remotely moved , But Norm had told everyone it's a good sign that she had even moved at all and her brain activity was very active until a day or two ago.

Neteyam takes y/n's hand and he lifts it towards his face kissing the back of it, his eyes travel all over her body before resting at the wound on her upper chest near her collar bone. The dressing had been changed by him not long ago with Neytiri's help, after all he didn't want to burden her family with seeing her somewhat lifeless body.

Ao'nung looks away from the scene seeing his own lover come in and she comes to give y/n water with a kind of sponge, It was to moisturize her face mainly . He smiles at her and she hums using the sponge to pat y/n's face all over making sure some of the water and it's herbs were being soaked into her skin, Neteyam watches as she pulls an oil out of her sachet and applies it all over y/n's hair to moisturize it also.

After a few minutes of her massaging Y/n's scalp remaining careful and loving to the girl, She did this in place of Tuk and Ronal who had went to Neytiri to pray to Eywa again for her health. "She will be fine in due time do not worry Neteyam." She says and she gets up and exits the Hut, Ao'nung's gaze follows her and he shakes his head chuckling to himself.

"You don't have to stay...You can go if you want? I'm pretty sure Spider or norm will be in at any minute now." Neteyam says looking away and he holds y/n's hand again while Ao'nung apologizes to him. "I'll be back later to watch her so you can get some rest Neteyam ."

Ao'nung exits the hut and Neteyam takes y/n's hand again feeling the warmth and he lays his head onto her lap trying to keep his emotions in check but fails and he cries to himself quietly, it had been nearly a month and a few weeks since the incident with the sky people, Neteyam has lost track of time since he had awoken from his surgery and He was beating himself up everyday since He didn't push y/n into the water when Lo'ak and spider went, his mind came up with different scenarios with different outcomes every time. He lifts his head to kiss y/n on her forehead and he leans into her ear to whisper. "Rutxe, titxen si My Tiyawn.." (please wake up my love)

His tears stop and when he rests on y/n's lap again but this time while he was falling asleep while holding her hand. As hours went by The visitors came and went in and out of the home of y/n and Neteyam. No one dared to wake up Neteyam since they knew he found peace holding her hand and remaining close to her side. In the middle of the day though Neteyam had woken up and was groggily getting up to go relieve himself to the bathroom and maybe to go eat some of the lunch his mother had made at their hut, When he makes it there Kiri is the first to approach him and ask about y/n's condition."has she woken up yet?"

As always the answer remained the same for him and he shook his head, Kiri pats his shoulders mumbling that she would go and watch Y/n while he would eat and spend time with their parents. At first he would decline the offer but Jake would speak up taking his daughters side. "Get some rest Neteyam, you need to eat and replenish your body before she wakes up, otherwise how will you care for her?"

Neteyam wants to argue with his father but he knows that he is right, so he sits down to eat the food his mother had made, the smell of it made him realize that he indeed had been Famished for almost the whole day.

"Alright, we'll I'm going to watch y/n eat well guys." Kiri begins to step foot out of the hut when Tim's voice rings out. "I'm going as well bye!" She races out of the hut and next to kiri walking ahead of her in a fast pace. They make it to the hut and Tuk allows Kiri to go first so that she can make her way in and to pray over y/n and maybe help relax her muscles that had been tense since the battle.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Y/n opens her eyes and she looks around flinching at the bright sunlight, her hands instinctively go up to her face, trying to filter out any sunlight that was blinding her.  She tries to speak but a cough comes out instead, her eyes become watery as she looks for a source of water to quench her thirst. She finds it after a few seconds and she gulped it down in a matter of seconds.

The curtain to the hut opens and a pair of footsteps is heard, Y/n looks in that direction Only to be startled by an ear piercing scream followed by a Bowl breaking in pieces.

"Kiri...Your over exaggerating again.."