Chapter 21 Years later

!A few years later!

"Ney'ite! " Neteyam and Y/n both yell out for their young daughter, They were preparing to leave for the forest once again, the couple had started taking her to visit her great-grandmother Mo'at.

"Mama!" Y/n turns her head seeing Tuk carry Ney'ite on her shoulders, Her Tiny hands gripping onto her aunts as they walked through the sandy beach of the Metkayina clan. They had gathered their Ikran's so that they may all leave to once again go their Home away from home.

"Hello my little Warrior." Y/n says taking her daughter away from Tuk, Hugging her daughter tightly letting her go after a few moments to get a good look at her. "Mama, are we leaving?" Ney'ite says looking up at her mother after being placed on her own two feet, She was only 6 years old and she was indeed a smart child much like her father.

"Yes we are, who do you wish to ride with now ?" Neteyam says putting an arm around y/n's slim form as he smiles down at his daughter, they had always given her a choice on whom she would ride with and each time it was different. "I want to ride with grandma!"

Neytiri had jusg arrived walking with the group after helping final with their Prayers for a safe travel as they did everytime, It was amazing how a small child's birth had actually managed to bring 2 Very different tribes together and she still manages to bring peace everyday. "Alright, come on my little flower, Up you go!" Neytiri says lifting Ney'ite Onto her Ikran before jumping on herself, they both had on shawls to cover their bodies from the winds that would be tough in their day's travel, Jake was on his own ikran and the two Fly off without the others knowing they would catch up soon, it was always ideal for them to leave first since they had Ney'ite the youngest of the group.

"Lo'ak is staying this time, He has things to take care of!" Kiri says flying in on her ikran herself while hovering above the group, She had looked around and she yells out to the group below." You guys Let my niece go again without me here, didn't you?!"

Y/n laughs getting on the ikran with neteyam holding him tightly as They are both launched into the air flying near Kiri. "You are always so slow, we let her choose as always." neteyam says chuckling, Once tuk joins the air they all leave.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Hello, it is great to see you again." Mo'at says welcoming her family back home, They had come once again to visit for at least 2 weeks before going back, Ney'ite didn't want to stay long since she would miss the oceans.

"Hello mother," Neytiri says and she goes to her mother giving her a hug as the clan's people come in close to welcome everyone back, Y/n stayed back while her child stayed close hiding behind her legs as she usually did since she was so shy. They both watched as the people come to welcome everyone and Neteyam realizes that his small family are not with him, he turns around to see them standing back and he ushers them close but y/n waves her hands not wanting to intrude since it was only the 3rd time she has visited.

"What are you doing over there? Come say hello I do not bite" Mo'at says and she beckons Them to come closer and once Ney'ite sees that she is being welcomed once again by her great-grandmother she immediately runs over hugging the woman tightly. Y/n walks over slowly standing near neteyam watching the interaction go on between her daughter and the clan's Tsahik.

"Ah my little flower, how have you been." Mo'at says looking down at the child and she keeps a straight face, Even though she is happy she does not break her demeanor, it was something y/n had to get used to the first year. "I'm good granny! Mama has been feeding me well and I have my own tulkun now!" She says giving a toothy grin, an action she had learned from Y/n and Neteyam both.

"Mmm...I see well I am glad you are being taught the ways of both clans, It is eywa's will and If eywa is happy than so am I." Mo'at now stands up straight looking at everyone. "Everyone! Prepare a celebration for my child and her family coming home! We will be together again at eclipse!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Kiri, Just because I said you can finally cut my hair does not mean cut all of it off....I will definitely cry if it's shorter than I want it." y/n says while watching her daughter play with Tuk, They had more than enough time before the 'welcome home' celebration tonight, and like always everyone wanted to look their best.

"Shut up and let me do my job, I'm not going to shave the sides of your head like tuk" She laughs and y/n sits still Feeling as kiri began to cut her hair styling it here and there to make it look as close as possible to the way y/n wanted it. After a while Tuk came by holding a sleeping Ney'ite rubbing her back."I will get her dressed appropriately and bring her back within the hour"

Y/n waves her hands signing a quick thank you to tuk, She was glad that She was a responsible aunt who always took care of her daughter. An hour goes by and Tuk brings back Ney'ite as promised, She only sees Kiri there picking up the hair from Y/n's hair cut and she raises an eyebrow. "You cut that much off? Her hair was reaching her butt!"

Kiri shrugs and continues to pick up the hair before lighting a small fire and she burns it."She told me to do it, it's not a lot of hair anyways." She says looking up finally and when she does she sees her niece wearing a brand new beaded top with a matching skirt, her hair was indeed adorned with feather and her braid was decorated with a few beads giving it the colorful 'pop' that it needed.

"Hello my little Navi princess, you look beautiful!" Kiri holds out her arms for Ney'ite to run into and once the child runs to her kiri envelops her in a hug , making sure to hug her tightly while delivering Kisses all over her face leaving not one inch of it uncovered. "Wait! Where mama?"

"Oh...She went to wash her hair, she will be back soon"
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Who is there." Y/n was looking around the vegetation of the forest unsure of what she had heard, the animals would always roam around freely but they weren't Around this close to the village.

"Calm down it's just me." Neteyam says swatting away a bug that was flying too close to his ear, the buzzing was annoying him to no end. He had came to find his wife  since the Celebration was soon to start, yet here she was still trying to put on her beaded top. Neteyam chuckles and he helps her straighten out the top while moving her hair out of the way, He had a subtle smile on his lips while staring at his wife, she was very much the most beautiful Woman he had ever seen and His daughter would indeed be the most beautiful child in all of pandora in his eyes.

"-am!" Y/n snaps her fingers looking up at Neteyam who in turn blinks a few times regaining his posture, he had fell into a daydream so quickly he had forgotten where he was. "Sorry, what did you say?"

Y/n rolls her eyes trying not to laugh."I said do you like my hair? Kiri cut it." Neteyam takes a step back to look at his wife's hair and he pulls her close by her waist again, his eyes staring down at her.

"I love it...It suits you well."