Chapter 20 Enter Ney'ite

"My tiyawn!" Neteyam calls out to y/n who is sitting beside Neytiri breastfeeding her child while they converse about Random things in the village. Both women turn their heads to look at Neteyam who came to sit next to his wife and child.

"Stop shouting or you will startle her, It took 30 minutes to have her latch onto me" y/n says looking at her lover, it had been more than a week since she had given birth and they had just finished planning the celebration ceremony for the child, It would take place sooner than later and They were fine with that.  After all, their home tree was underwater and they wanted to prepare their daughter beforehand.

"Sorry I didn't mean to, and hello mother." Neteyam says and Neytiri gives a subtle nod to her son letting him know that He is indeed Recognized. She was well into her 40's almost to her 50's, age has been kind to her after all the stress she has endured in her short life. "What is it? What has you shouting this early in the morning?" Y/n says and she adjusts the Cloth that was swaddling her child making sure it was tight enough to hold the babe up to her breast.

Neteyam puts a hand on his child head using his thumb to rub her forehead ever so softly before he lays a kiss onto the temple of her head."I have chosen a name for our daughter and I hope you will agree, I want your opinion since we have both created her " He says looking at his darling wife, She looked the same but her mindset had indeed matured over the short time they had been parents.

"Ney'ite it has some elements of our mother's names inside of it and I want you to agree if it is perfect" He says looking at his wife, Neytiri looks at the couple smiling with her hand over her mouth trying to Bask In the moment of Young love.

"I think it is perfect...Her name shall be Ney'ite Sully...Daughter of Neteyam and y/n sully..." She mumbles and She looks back up at her husband smiling at his face seeing it brighten up.

Neytiri taps her sons shoulder and she engulfs him into a hug which kind of catches him off guard since he wasn't completely fully turned around yet. "I'm so proud of you I cannot wait to tell the family back home"

.
.
.
.
.

Neteyam was now caring for his daughter Ney'ite while y/n was out with the women Hunting for the night, The metkayina clans thought it would be great for both genders to be equal in the ways the village would be ran. "Lo'ak hand me that, she's thrown up again" He held a hand out for his brother to hand him a cloth to wipe his daughters mouth and his chest. They were laying inside of a hammock which he had put up outside between 2 trees, he had realized that his daughter slept best near the ocean when her mother wasn't around and he took advantage of the moment each and everytime, the skin-to-skin bonding They always did would always be his favorite moments of being a new father.

"Here man, Just....can I go now? Tonowari and Ao'nung promised to help me look for this rare fruit that Tsireya wants to eat and I'm trying to find it before the night is over" Lo'ak says watching as his brother wipes off the baby's vomit, he has come to love his niece and watched her whenever his brother needed to take a night off to sleep in, He had y/n had chosen a schedule that they both agreed on.

The bioluminescent freckles over Ney'ite's skin looked like small amounts of stardust were sprinkled over her back, it was such a cool sight for neteyam and y/n but they knew that once Ney'ite grew it would all space out and coat her skin evenly as it did the rest. Lo'ak waits for neteyam's single and once he was given it he hurriedly leaves to go assist His father and brother-in-law to find his wife's favorite fruit.

"You're uncle is a big idiot my tiny one" Neteyam says as the wind blows, it swings the hammock back and forth gently while the ocean is calmly Allowing waves to go on shore before crashing against one another, He would remain outside a bit longer until it was too cold for his daughter.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"My teyam...here I'll take her it's my turn...Get some rest" Y/n says taking their daughter who is fully awake now and bouncing around on her fathers lap, She was grabbing his cheeks and used her grabby little hands to grip onto them tightly, though neteyam did not mind, after all he had just gotten his Facial tattoo the day before and his daughter was in awe at it.

"Alright...Shes already eaten...and yes before you ask I indeed smashed up the fruits and vegetables so she didn't choke" He says chuckling and y/n smiles kissing her husband on the lips, their daughter Reaches for y/n now wrapping her arms around her mother's neck holding onto her tightly.

"Alright...We have to let her swim freely in the ocean now, so that she may connect to the home tree...Ill be back to check on you later." y/n says leaving her husband to rest for the day, They always made time for each other but for them their daughter came first.

"Alright, Ney'ite slele" (swim) Tsireya says and the babe coos before swimming out of her God mother's arms and she moves her small body side to side almost like a fish swimming to her mother in the shallow parts of the ocean.

"Ahhh my little Flower...hello!" y/n says kissing her child's wet face and She smiles hearing the child laugh. "Alright, now y/n have her swim back and this time go a bit further. " tsireya says and y/n nods her head letting her child swim back.

"Reya, you've forgotten I used to teach swim classes here and there." y/n states back away once she is at a comfortable distance in somewhat deeper waters, y/n stops holding her hands out to her daughter beckoning her to once again swim to her.

"Sorry " tsireya says Trying not to laugh at the cute but silly way Ney'ite was swimming once again, it is once she makes it to y/n that they come together once again getting a bit closer to shore where they could comfortably sit on the sand, while their lower halves remained in the water.

Y/n listens to her daughter as she laughs splashes both her and Tsireya with water, it was a lovely thing for the both of them. Y/n holds her child and she puffs up her cheeks wanting her daughter to mimic by holding her breath, once the child does so y/n let's her baby dive into the water while staying in front of her, It was indeed a wonderful sight watching her child grow up quickly, with the ways of water.

"You're doing a great job " Ronal's voice is heard and she too sits in the water allowing her son to swim around in the water, Ronal had finally named her child after sometime and had decided on the name Tsyal.

"You have taught your child how to swim Earlier than any of us have expected and She is indeed a little genius in the water." she says watching her now 1-year-old son swim circles around Ney'ite, it was a little playful action to let the other children know they wanted to play a swimming game in the water.

" 'i'awn asim!" (stay close!) Ronal says watching her son swim only a few feet away while Ney'ite follows suit but of course y/n splashes towards her daughter letting her know that she has indeed swam far enough.