Chapter 13

"As I've said before I don't want to talk about it. " y/n says walking away from her uncle, He hadn't spoken to her much since she woke up a few days ago and it would be the perfect time for him to do so.

He wanted to know exactly what had happened to her the night she went missing including the death of her Tulkun. No one dared to ask since it was still fresh in y/n's head. "You have to let us in, you can't keep hiding it away you foolish girl!" Tonowari shouts at y/n and she flinches from the sudden action and she backs away.

"Me? Foolish?! Ha! As if! I went out expecting a normal night swim as I used to and instead I come to find my Tulkun dead in the ocean waters!! Her babe crying at her side and men coming out of her mouth with what I could assume was her brain matter!" Y/n finally screams out in pain at her uncle, she hadn't screamed at anyone in years but it felt like a huge relief on her end.  Tonowari tries to take a step forward to comfort his niece but she pulls away angrily. "No! Don't you dare touch me, when you have felt the loss of a Tulkun let me know until then do not ask me of what happened! I have put up with your consistent nitpicking and whatever requests you have wanted for knowledge give me my moments of peace uncle!" Y/n screamed at him again before storming out of the hut they were in, those around the hut were watching as she stormed away, her feet were stomping into the sand.

"Y/n! Wait up." Spider's voice was heard in the distance but y/n doesn't spare him a glance as she goes to the far side of the island to sit and get at least a moment to herself. 

She heard footsteps but didn't turn around knowing it was spider, she only knew this because he wouldn't take a hint and was annoying, no wonder why Neytiri didn't like him most of the time. "Do you want to talk about it?" His voice made y/n's tail switch back and forth at the invitation to Vent and she wanted to take it and let him hear her thoughts but decided against it.

"No, I do not wish to speak on it as of this moment I would like a few moments of peace." The girl looks up at the blue sky before closing her eyes to take a deep breath, This was what she had been craving for days. Spider looked up at her with a kind of sparkle in his eyes, he had to admit y/n was indeed a beautiful Navi woman and neteyam was lucky to have her.

Spider too looked off into the distance sighing as he scratched his head, the dry scalp was itchy and it needed to be moisturized from what he remembered Tuk saying. "Stop scratching your head, it sounds like someone rubbing two Pieces of bark together," Y/n says looking over and spider seemed to not hear her so y/n gets up and looks down at him."stay right there and I'll be back" She goes to one of the huts nearby grabbing the same paste that she uses on her head mumbling to herself since she had to take it from one of the neighbors, they all used the same paste for the same reason. "Move"

Spider looked up and saw y/n beside him on her knees pointing to the spot in front of her. "Hurry up before I change my eyes sky boy." Her eyes were unwavering as she watched him sit in front of her.

"If you move I will not hesitate to smack you.."

.
.
.
.
.

Tonowari sat inside his hut watching his daughter take care of his youngest child. He interrupts the  moment between them asking his daughter a question."Do you think I went too far my child?"

Tsireya stops rocking back and forth as she held the baby getting a good look at her father." "Father, you are not wrong in worrying but I need you to consider talking to y/n as if you are her uncle not the chief of the village. We all know what she has been through since spider confirmed it for us a few days ago. But for you to try and pry it out is concerning and selfish."  She mumbles and her younger sibling suddenly spits up a bit and Tsireya coos at the child smiling ." It's okay, I got it "she takes a cloth to wipe the baby and looks back up only to notice Ronal standing there staring at her husband, the silence was so much that if it were something sharp in the room to cut it, it would probably fail. "Tonowari...outside. NOW."