Chapter 6 Cove of the Ancestors

The days seemed to pass by in a blur and y/n couldn't be happier, Neteyam had spent countless nights with her making sure to make every night date night. He didn't waste a single moment getting to know more about y/n and he was loving every single aspect of her.

"You want to go where?" Tsireya says to Neteyam and He shrugs pointing outwards. "To the Cove of ancestors, Y/n hasn't seen her father and mother in a year and I want to at least take her once and try and meet them myself if possible." Kiri sat next to Tsireya while Ao'nung and Lo'ak were Play wrestling in the background, It was pretty common for the two to do this Since they taught each other new moves they had learned.

"I think it's a nice thought, But neteyam the last time she went Her mother had stopped talking to her and She doesn't Speak about it anymore," Tsireya says looking behind her. She saw Y/n Racing Tuk On the Ilu and her gaze softened much more than usual.

"Trust me on this Tsireya, I know it'll make her happy I intend on it but she won't come unless you are all there with us," Neteyam says The younger woman ponders on the thought of going and She finally gives in. "But we will go at eclipse it is the best time as it is really beautiful" Tsireya mutters before standing up and going to Retrieve her Mate and her Dumb brother to tell them of the plan.

The day drags on and Finally the moment they had all waited for came. "Welcome back to the cove of Ancestors." Somehow they had Convinced y/n to come along and she was in a. Neutral mood looking around taking notice of the beauty she had left behind a long time ago. She looks at Tsireya and Lo'ak everyone wanted to come except for Kiri and Roxto, the two didn't come along since Kiri wasn't allowed to be near the spirit tree underwater due to her last seizure and Tuk stayed home to help Ronal with her child.

The group was now directly above the spirit tree and Tsireya ushered y/n to go under the water. Neteyam grabs Y/n's hand squeezing it softly. "I'll go with you, you aren't alone in this." Y/n sighed as she lets go of Neteyams hand and she slips into the water with ease, all eyes were on her while she descended into the water with Neteyam close behind her. Once they make it Down to the spirit tree y/n pulls her queue holding the end of it as the tendrils expose themselves in the ocean water.

Y/n looks over at neteyam and he nods his head using his hands to speak to her in sign language. "Go ahead is your moment, no one is Going to take it from you."

Y/n's heartbeat seemed to pound at her chest but the girl kept it under control. She closes her eyes connecting her Queue to the tree and soon she is transported to where her father is. The man Who she Always wanted to grow up with was sitting down and currently was staring at the sunset.

Footsteps behind the man made him turn around, His eyes looking up at his daughter taking in her appearance. He tensioned seated as y/n takes a seat next to him. "My child, it had been so long " His heart seemingly warmed up to y/n and he Hugs her tightly. He knew that he was with Eywa and had come to accept his death.

"What's troubling you, my daughter?" Y/n leans against her father starting at the sunset as it slowly descended Under the horizon, this planet they were on was unfamiliar to y/n but she knew it was something called Earth thanks to her father telling her the years prior. He raises a hand and put it onto his daughter's head brushing her hair with his fingertips, the action Calming down y/n's racing heart.

"Why won't mother talk to me?... I haven't seen her here." Mahwey stops his hand motion and shakes his head grabbing his daughter's shoulders firmly as he made eye contact with her. The sounds of nature around them seemed ambient as she looks into his eyes. "She will get over it in due time, She is upset that you aren't Angry at the Sky people. But my child She cannot be angry with you forever as I am one as well and for you to be mad at all of them is also for you to be upset with me. "