Chapter 14 apologies

"Tiyawn...come here" Neteyam says pulling y/n close, it was well into the next day and they had both left norm's helicopter, and he cleared them for regular exercise and Duties that they attend for. If it wasn't obvious then, then for sure it was obvious now the two never separated from each other and they never stopped doing their exercises.

"What is it Neteyam? I need to swim..my body feels weak." Y/n says and she is instantly pressed into the wall inside their home near the door that is now covered with a curtain of sorts. She would fall into the kiss Neteyam would passionately give her and she separates from him after almost a minute of them kissing looking up into his eyes, their height wasn't much different just off by maybe a few inches.
"Neteyam no not here...People are wandering around"

Neteyam lets out a sound that seemed like he was almost begging and he kisses y/n again this time it was a hungry kiss, he was craving her again and wanted her. "Yes here...Just be quiet and I'll do the work for you, just relax and don't say a word. We won't be disrupted and The others are gone" he says and he picks y/n up taking her away from the door and traveling a few feet away.

Soon enough the two were back at the same antics they were doing the night before this time taking their time with each other and as promised Neteyam led their dance.

.
.
.
.
.

Neteyam sat up looking at the wall of the hut, he was lost in thought while y/n slept peacefully behind him, he had made her satisfied multiple times within the two or three hours they were in the hut but he was not tired and needed to go out for A walk.

He puts on his clothes and steps out of the hut after a while, his feet welcomed the feeling of the walkway feeling the bouncy material underneath him. He turns to the left and takes a right soon after taking his time to get to his current destination.

"Chief Tonowari! " The chief turns around and notices Neteyam and he turns towards his men waving them off. "I'll be back, go teach the young ones to swim with Ilu, Tsireya, and Ao'nung are out for the day with their mother and shall not be disturbed by a trivial task." He walks to Neteyam and bows his head slightly giving a nod, Neteyam does the same action and both men take a stroll out to the edge of the walkway opposite of where they had come from.

They both got into separate Ilu's and went into the ocean for a private audience amongst themselves, The two hardly talked but when they did it would sometimes last awhile. " you have to apologize."

"Apologize for what, Wanting a closer look into the situation on the sky people?"Tonowari says the bags under his eyes show Both his age and the lack of sleep he has been getting. He looks at Neteyam but then turns his head to look at the birds flying through the air and then down to the ocean water admiring the waves.

"You have to apologize for treating her, she is sensitive to you and her aunt. The way you talked to her hurt her emotions, from what Tsireya said to Lo'ak I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the demon ship" Neteyam says and Tonowari grunts in acknowledgment, his long black hair moves in the wind as it blew.

"Yes, I did ask for insight, She is an adult she will live even if I didn't ask these questions someone else will" Tonowari says dismissing neteyams concerns but  The younger male could only raise a hand to his head while massaging his temples, His frustration began to show. "Y/n is an adult, yes, but treat her as you did when we were children when you treated her the same as Tsireya. She went through hell to get back here and it took her so long to heal and I will not settle for her getting worse because of you. Either you apologize or we will cease contact with you."

Tonowari's face turned into one of disbelief before it twisted into sadness. "I shall think about it..."

.
.
.
.
.
"Where have you been?" Y/n asked Neteyam as she leaned against the doorway with kiri behind her also curious about where her brother has been. The women both had been busy making dinner and talking to keep each other company.

"I have been out talking with the chief." His words were short and y/n didn't press onto the issue knowing if Neteyam didn't feel in the mood to talk she would leave it up for next time if there would be a next time. "Kiri, can you excuse me," Y/n says and she travels to the side to lean down to Neteyam as he was now sitting on the floor, his head down as he leaned against the wall. "Be nice, otherwise I am going to leave you hungry for the night."

"I will be nice then my Tiyawn," he says pouting like a child and not because of frustration, but because he was tired and he wanted to rest. The night began to creep upon the village and Neteyam was now resting while Kiri took a walk with y/n, Roxto and Spider were close behind them to give them a sense of security as they walked.

"You know...I plan on moving away soon...my grandmother needs help in the forest and I want to go, Tuk plans to go as well" Kiri says looking at her friend and she sees y/n stop abruptly and she grabs the girl's hands wanting her to not over exaggerate and cry as she used to when they were children.

Flashback (y/n is 15 here...still acting like an innocent child)

"Kiri!!! Your moving again?! " A girly voice is heard shrieking and it belonged to no other than y/n. Kiri blinks annoyed at her older friend's voice, sometimes she wondered who the oldest truly was.

"Yes y/n it is an agreement we came upon with my grandmother... When the sky people would leave our home alone, we go back every now and again, it is only the second time ." Kiri says as she continued to pick herbs in the forest, she was quickly wanting to finish her tasks so she could go home to prepare for the tiring journey ahead of her.

"But kiri, we were supposed to try out the spirit tree together, you've never been and I want to take you!" Y/n says cheerfully and kiri shrugs looking around for anything else she could take back as y/n picked fruits and berries for the village, their baskets becoming fuller with each moment that passed by.

"We can go at the end of the season before the cold comes, Tsireya is taking the boys and Tuk, we can go then as well. I promise"

Flashback end

"It's okay, just don't forget me and remember to visit...Wait does Roxto know?" Y/n says and Kiri hums in response smiling. "Yes, he has agreed to come along, He wants to adapt the way we did," Kiri says chuckling to herself, the more she thought about the fine memory of her and y/n harvesting in the forests the more she smiled. 'It's like we switched personalities she's more mature than me now'

"Y/n" a voice disrupted the walk the group was having and they all turned their heads to see Tonowari. Roxto pushed Spider in front of him mumbling for him to hurry back otherwise they would be in for a shit show. "I'll see you around y/n," Kiri says walking away, and before y/n could protest the three of her friends walked off to probably retire for the night. "Can we talk just for a moment"

Y/n looked at her uncle and crosses her arms. "Yes we can talk just for a moment chief Tonowari, but I have to get home before my Mate worries."the tone y/n was using was indeed cold, but only because Tonowari made it that way between them.

"I just want you to know that I apologize. I shouldn't have pushed you into giving me information, I could get better information from the others than you since you were gravely I'll at the time." Tonowari says looking at y/n who tapped her foot along the sand. She sighed seeing her uncle stand there awkwardly and she begins to walk toward him before encasing him in her arms and giving him a big hug.

"There is nothing to apologize for, understand I have boundaries and that you cannot cross them, And that there is more than what the bare Navi eye can see..."

Tonowari hugs his niece taking this as a clear sign of forgiveness and he hugs her back tightly not wanting to let her go.