Chapter 4

In A Game of Destiny

Chapter 4

Everything felt like happening in trance for both of them. Their matured minds were warning them not to believe in such foolish things. These were ridiculous.

But their hearts were telling them opposite. It was the time they both had longed so anxiously throughout their lives. Their hearts were screaming at them to believe. It was real. It was happening now. 

Is it ever possible to meet someone who is not real?

Every freaking night for the past two years, he was the one who appeared in Bondita's dreams. She didn't pay attention to these things at first, but as time passed, she began to dream more about him and random things. She assumed they were reflections of her romance novels. But no.

These all were happening after she shifted to Kolkata from her Delhi orphanage for her studies.

Bondita even tried to seek medical counselling. Even after taking the medication, there was only few changes. She was not completely recovered from it.

But After a few days, she began to crave for his presence more.

Initially, she only saw his face in her dreams. Then he began to speak with her. She found the conversations to be odd every time, because only he would, she would listen his words slightly. Like it was her habit afterall.

Most of her dreams would be forgotten by morning. She would only remember his face and name.

In her dreams, she refers to him as Patibabu repeatedly. They were a married couple with 3 children. In their home, there were a few more people. But she can vaguely recall them. Maybe they were the elders.

The desire for a family never left Bondita. From the age of 10, she was an orphan. She was raised in an orphanage and continued her education with scholarships. Perhaps she developed a fascination with having a large family, which expressed as a dream for her.

After a few days, she stopped taking her medication and carried on dreaming of her lovely family. In her fantasies, she would see her Patibabu. and madly love her.

Most of the time, her dreams would be about a study room, children, family, court, and her Patibabu making love to her.

He would passionately love her all through her dreams. He seemed to be filling her up with love obsessively, something she had never experienced in real life. While having sex with her, he would whisper sweet nothings into her ears. In her dreamlife, she relished everything. Every bit of him she loved. She Cherished him dearly.

She cherished every dream that came to her. She had a different life in her dreams. She often wished she could meet a real-life Patibabu. After all, Her Patibabu was a hallucination. In the actual world, he won't show up.

But right now, he was curled up on her lap, tightly holding her.

Her Patibabu wasn't a hallucination of her anymore; he was a real person.

But even in her dreams, she had not planned to see him in this condition, lifelessly on the road.

This unexpected encounter hit her like a tonne of bricks.

In her arms, Bondita was carefully cradling his body, as if he was a baby to her.

Never in her life, she assumed to fight a moment such as this. She was a girl of strength. She never attempted to lose anything in her life. Whatever was in her right views, she would battle to the bitter end for it.