Chapter 7- A Shocker for Anirudh

Happy Reading! 🦋

Dear Barrister Babu (My to be husband),

Yes, you read that right. This is a letter, not an essay. My proposal letter to you. Well, you can't understand what I'm saying at first. But if you keep your cool, you might be able to get it the end.

Barrister Babu, our family members are really interested in me, and they want to marry us soon. They asked for my opinion. And I replied, "Yes."

Haan, Barrister Babu, I'm ready to tie the knot with you. I am willing to accept you as my husband. I'm not sure what you think of me, but I like you. I really do.

Our family members are overjoyed. Particularly Kaka. He's on cloud nine. But I want your concern to be taken fully. This is our life. Only the two of us are going to travel. Both of us must accept one another. Only then can we live a healthy life.

You'll assume I'm accepting you for the sake of my family, but I'm not. I'm willing to let you into my life. How many women can find men like you, Barrister Babu? In this way, I'm quite fortunate. Having my one and only friend as my husband makes me a very blessed woman. We only met a few days ago, and these days with you have been the best of my life. I believe we have already begun to live as a couple. Do you know why? We used to fight a lot more than we used to study. In a marriage, the most essential thing is to fight. In that way, we are eligible to be a couple.

I am also aware of your past. This is much harder for you to commit to me, and I can understand that. That's why you've been refusing to marry all these years. I have no problem with what you've done in the past. But the past is gone. Bondita is no longer your wife. Let's start over.

Barrister Babu, my respect for you grows with each passing day. It will never come to an end. I'm looking forward to loving you for the rest of my life. Please take your time, Barrister Babu. Think once, twice, a hundred or a thousand times. At the end, tell me what's on your heart. Let me know what you want.

I hope you now understand my request. If not, please reread this letter. When you are ready with your answer, come to me or give me a call.

With all of my heart,

Your Madras Express,

Vaijayanti.

A marriage proposal!

Again!

That, too, is from Vaijayanti!

Anirudh stood motionless in shock. Beyond the paper in his palm, everything became blurry. Anirudh read the letter several times, as she advised at the end. He doesn't even remember how many times he read it before his heart and brain were in sync. This was not what he expected.

Yesterday only he got to know about Bondita's marriage proposal, and today it's his turn. Why won't people just let them live in peace? His life was suddenly filled with numerous terrible events. And today, he lost control of it. In the last eight years, he has turned down around 15 marriage proposals. His Kaka tried every strategy in the book to get him married. Nothing worked out. Now look at this.

How could he give her place to another girl?

Anirudh slid onto the couch, clutching the letter tightly. His barrister's mind wouldn't let him remain silent.

His marriage to Vaijayanti.

So, this was the dreadful news Bondita had said beforehand. His eyes widened as he grasped everything. Every word she spoke rang in the back of his head.